CD 🫧🪷- Broken Broomstick

Tags for funsies! Fluff, reader is like.. an engineer? Playful bickering if you squint, I have no idea how to fix things so just ignore how I gleam over fixing the broom 🫶, Year 7

"It wasn't my fault this time, [NAME]!"
You could've expected Cedric to kick down your door the moment he finished his classes– it was an every-other-week routine.

Back during your first year, you gifted him a broomstick. Why? It was hard to remember by now, but he's used it ever since. It's been through many rough patches, this being another one. After another rigorous practice, it was in need of another fixing yet again. It confused everyone as to why he didn't just let you give him a new one, if not getting another for himself, but he was persistent.

"And, before you offer, not getting a new one," He spoke with conviction, you'd give him that.

"Ced, c'mon. This thing is hanging on by a thread," You replied, grabbing the broom from him and examining it. It's not like he could deny it; the whole thing truly was about to fall apart with barely a thread left to hold it together. He was just being stubborn, he'd rather go broomless than let you buy him a new one. You sigh, walking over to your desk and taking out a few broom fixing tools.
"Another fracture this time, I'm assuming?" Slipping some pilot goggles over your face and gloves over your hands to protect your beautiful eyes and hands from any accidents that could happen, you began to work on the broom.
"The second one in a month, now that you mention it..." It was nothing new for the broom to have injuries like these, though they were usually just little accidents. He watches you put on the goggles and start working. He thought the goggles were a little silly, but they looked kinda cool to him.

"So, whose fault was it this time? You all but kicked my door down, and the first thing to come outta your mouth was that is wasn't your fault. So, whose was it?" You look over the old broom, taking in the fractures and cracks. It was a bit embarrassing. He didn't want to admit it, but you asked.

"We had a friendly competition going on, just me and the other chasers," He paused for a moment and then decided to finish the sentence up sheepishly, "My broom ended up crashing as a result of someone pushing me."
You nods, stuffing a bit of magic glue between the cracks and tears of his broom and holding it together with a tight grip.
"You have fun?" You ask teasingly, grinning at Cedric.

"Honestly? I had a great time," He admitted.
"The broom worked great for most of the time and the whole race was just an absolute blast. I would do it again if given the chance."
He said that last sentence with almost no hesitation, as though he was looking forward to getting on the broom right after the repairs.

"I'd really rather just get you a new broom than have you ride on this near-death trap," You murmur, looking down at the broom that was well mended with the tools and products.

"I love riding it though, it's the one you gave me." It was clear that it wasn't just about the broom, this thing was important to him because it was the one that you gifted him, the one that he rode around and won the games with and had great memories with. He had no intention of changing it out for another one, despite the risks that came along with it. You sigh, handing him the broom and kissing his nose.

"All fixed up. I'm buying you a new one once that damn thing breaks in half."

"It's not going to break," He retorted stubbornly, though he was still grateful for the repair. "Thank you."
He added, taking the broom back from you with a smile.