4. The Games of Power

My world had always been perfect. It was like I was living inside some littler magical bubble, sheltered by my father and surrounded by love. It had been exactly two hundred moons since our pack had needed to fight or handle a threat. Nevertheless, we had always been ready.
But not in this manner; the threat was vampires, the dark fae, and witches.
I looked up at the mesh of wires that had now enclosed me to peer at the blue sky. It was perfect. This could be one of the most glorious days of summer, where history made a dark turn, and I got to know that onwards, any moment couldn't possibly measure up.
I could smell the rogue who killed my mate next to me and various strange scents that I couldn't comprehend.
I opened my mouth to call his name, and a loud, ugly, painful howl came out. I couldn't turn to my human form, I was trapped in my wolf body. I turned around, and Alan was there, too, In his wolf, his heartbeat was loud, quick, and scared.
He was confused too.
The movements around me stopped, and I felt the small prison being hoisted up in the air as we began to move. Soon enough, we were placed down, and the door opened to an even bigger prison.
What was happening?
I began running around, trying to break the wires and fence that had enclosed us, but found out they were too strong, made with material that repelled magic.
Alan was quiet, not circling anyone but observing his surroundings from a composed state.
I howled at him, but he kept his position. After a while, I followed his gaze and noticed the place it was fixed at.
He was staring at a beautiful young woman, probably in her thirties. The woman looked familiar, and I couldn't place her. I knew her well. She was smiling at us, and I couldn't help but feel warm toward her.
I knew her smile, how her heart beats, and her scent. She was a big part of me, one I couldn't remember. Her moonlight hair and deep brown eyes felt like home.
That is when it hit me, the woman was my mother. She was standing right in front of me, around strangers, flashing strange pairs of lights at us. I knew her, my mother, the Luna, the one who murdered my father, also supposed to be dead.
The pain returned, and the anger rose in my throat like bitter bile. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I moved towards the place she was at high speed, ready to rip her into pieces after she had explained.
I hit the cage in a painful impact, making it bend a little as I fell back.
Scared, she moved back as everyone was ordered to leave the place.
The pain was a good and bad emotion. One that could be harnessed to power or one that could end an alpha.
I was weak, too weak to lead, too weak to fight, too weak to avenge my father.
I lay back, defeated, and let the pain consume me, I let the sadness lead me to darkness, I was trapped in my wolf, in a place that I didn't know. All I had from home was the necklace made from rich virgin wood hanging on my neck, which I had crafted from a piece of wood in the dark forest.
As I started giving up, I felt sudden warmth and power behind me, one that felt familiar.
Alan. He was a wild card, one that could not be trusted.
Cage never made it; perhaps he had died, perhaps he had made it too and has been taken elsewhere, or maybe he took the message back home.
I turned back and found four other rogues in the same cage as me and, finally, one member of my pack, one thought dissapeared a few years ago.
I sneered as I looked around.
All I needed was five minutes to figure out what was happening.
Alan came forward and stood in front of me. His wolf was big and white with a big brown patch on his neck. On the other hand, I was not so big, he still stood tall, though I was bushy, more than normal, a sign that I was different.
Slowly he brought his nose forward and made contact with me. Next, he let me in; he let me feel what was in his heart and mind and gave me a chance to connect with him and see who he really was.
It was a wild and stupid move. The moment I became comfortable, he pushed me back, making me land on my back with him on top. It was a power struggle, two alphas can never lead, and one has to die.
I growled loudly, refusing to submit.
If I did, it meant that he could lead my pack. It would be like handing down my ancestry and existence to him on a silver platter.
I pushed him back and bit his neck before stepping back. He did the same and let out a loud howl as all the other rogues started to join him.
These games of power, what does this wild rogue want from me?