Chapter 14: Who Is She

A/N: please enjoy this chapter I had fun writing this one, it is much happier towards the end.

Nerezza's POV

Me and Kara had continued to kiss, never going further than the sweet gentle kisses, but our little session got cut short when the door was opened. We both jumped, stopping our kissing. I didn't leave Kara's lap however, instead I just hid my face in her chest as my face heated with a blush that reached my ears.

"Hey guys, we made it, thanks for leaving us behind Kara," Alex said as everyone came and sat down around us. I didn't move my head from Kara's shoulder until I felt the blush on my face had cooled. "So Nezza are you feeling any better, cause I know it's soon but we really need to know who the woman we threw in a cell is."

I breathed in deeply before lifting my head and looking around the room, Kara gently grabbed my hand giving me some comfort, "Yeah, I'm good, Her name is Ekatirina. I met her in 1608 when I lived in the outskirts of Russia after the witch trials had started." Kara squeezed my hand which brought me a lot more comfort then it should have, I never realized how touched starved I was after all these years. "She was my partner, we were working together to stop the witch trials, but then I got caught up in it. That's when I wanted them to know what a real witch was, so me and Ekatirina figured why not give them what they want, they wanted witches we would give them real witches. She volunteered to me the first, when it worked we got other women to join us soon enough there were hundreds, but Ekatirina became power hungry, she realized how powerful I was and wanted more power for herself, so we fought, I had won and locked her away where she couldn't hurt anyone," I took a deep breath before continuing. "Until now that is, I never thought I would see her, she used dark, dark magic, that's why her hands are like that, I didn't know she got out nor did I realized she was able to find me, but she did and it caught me off guard I never wanted to real life the mistakes I had made in the past and seeing her brought all those memories back, My fear of the past clouded my logic so I froze, but once I saw Kara in pain it was like the switch had been flipped, so I removed her of her magic but it was a draining spell, then I removed the Kryptonite from Kara and hadn't realized that so soon after getting my full power back was not enough time to be able to do those spells."

Once I had finished my rant I leaned back into Kara not wanting to know what the others were thinking or their reaction to my past. No one spoke for what felt like eternity, and I know what eternity feels like, in reality it was probably only a minute. I know in truth no one here would hurt me for my past but that has never stopped my mind from going to that dark place of fear and anxiety. Kara seemed to be taking it the best due to her still trying to comfort me, but still no one had said anything and now it was kind of freaking me out.

"Someone please say something." I whisper out after the tension becomes a little too much for my anxiety to handle.

"How did she find you, and why now?" Lena was the first to speak, and it let out a lot of the tension that had built up in the room.

"I think she was able to find me due to everything that happened with my father and the fact that I am no longer a hidden Goddess, before no one knew me, but now everyone knows who I am, at least as a Goddess they do," I pause to sit back up, now sitting with my back resting against Kara as I look around to everyone in the room. "I don't know why she came back now, maybe she thought she could catch me off guard or something else but I would have to ask her. Not that I really want to talk to her anymore."

"Ok so I know you don't want to talk to her but we do kind of need answers, mostly for how she found you, and maybe why she came back now. I mean if she knew where you were why now," I look to Alex as she came up with a plan, but I already knew these answers. I knew I need to tell them but that is telling them a lot more about myself then I would care to share. "Nezza do you know more then what your letting on?"

I didn't realize that Alex had been waiting for me to answer her, nor did I see that she could read my expression that well.

"Yeah," I whisper, "She would have found me through my magic, being a goddess means people can worship you, they can also, with the right spells, track me," Alex gave me a look that told me to keep going so I took a deep breath and started speaking again. "She would have known that I was recovering and was not at full power, she saw an opening to hit me where it would hurt as she would have also known that if I had broken free, then it meant I had found my soulmate, which is why she knew what to use when she came to get me, she would have been able to see not only my weaknesses but my soulmates as well which is Kara," I look up to Kara giving her a very apologetic look as I knew all this was my fault. "So she knew how to take her down and keep the rest of you at bay."

Once again the room fell into silence, Kara held onto me tighter while everyone else tried to wrap their heads around what I had said.

"Hang on she said a bunch of names before calling you Nerezza, what were all of those?" Kara spoke for the first time since everyone arrived and the question she asked generally made me laugh.

"Those were my old names, there are hundreds of them, everytime I moved which was every three years or so I would change my name, however I would keep my initial." I giggled a little as I explained, and it made everyone else also loosen up and laugh a little.

"Can you tell us some of the others, but also is Nerezza your real name?" Kara was ever the curious one.

"Yes Nerezza is my real name now for the others there was; Nalo, Navae, Nefeli, Nyra, Nyla, Nerissa, Neoma, Nala, Neomi, Naya, Nyssa, Nora, Nyx, and Nova, I think that was all of them, I reused a lot of them over the years, but I think that was it." Everyone looked quiet surprised.

"That's-that's a lot of names, how did you ever keep track of all of them?" Nia asked.

"Great question, no idea, I think over the years I just forgot what I had used and what I hadn't, but I used to keep a list of names, just so that I could keep track however that book is now long gone." The rest of the night went smoothly, we spent almost all over talking about the names and then their meanings and why I chose them. We also had a good laugh at some of the dumb stupid ones I had came up with, so in the end it was a good night.