7 - Magic practice with a god

"No!" Dionysus screams at me, standing up and pacing my room with an animalistic cry. "Wrong!"

"Well, it's not my fault!" I yell back, "You're the one with powers, you should be able to teach me!"

"YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO BASIC INSTRUCTION!" Mr. D yells and I see red. Extending a hand towards him, shadows stream from the corners of the room, spearing towards him as fast as asps. Mr. D clicks a finger, and purple fire springs up, creating a barrier from the shadows. "Good," He smiles. "You can control them when you're angry, at least, although I can't say much for your method of attack." I blink, then blink again.

"You mean that was some sort of fucked up test?"

"Yes," Mr. D frowns. "Now. Go stand in the corner, stop acting like you know everything, because you don't, and listen to my lessons."

"Fine," I spit, and stalk over to the dark corner by my bed.

"Good," Mr. D says. "Your a Hades kid, so you automatically blend in to shadows. I can barely see you, and most of it is because I know you're there." I blink. The hallway wasn't that dimly lit. "Now, we'll start with shadow travel, because it's probably the easiest skill. Short distances are easier, but you might struggle with covering longer areas." I nod.

"So... What do I do?"

"Fix a point in your mind of where you want to go," Dionysis says. "Then take deep breaths and command the shadows to take you there." I nod, then stare at the corner at the oppisite end of the room, feeling the shadows wrap around me. Gods, it's so calming out here. The darkness is warm and yet a chill breeze moves through, almost like the wind of an arrow shooting through the-

I feel the shadows warp around me, and I'm sucked backwards, through the darkness, only to snap right back into life in the trees bordering the archery area.

"LOOK OUT!" I hear someone yell, and I see a flash of dark curls before the twang of a bow sounds and pure survival instinct kicks in-

The shadows suck me back and suddenly I'm in another cabin, graffitied and messy and- is that that fucker who whistled at me? Shit this is the Ares cabi-

My panic flares as I teleport again, this time to right outside the Athena cabin, where Annabeth is standing.

"Elana?" Annabeth turns, wide eyed, and I reach for her, barely grabbing on to her arm before we're gone again, appearing just outside the bathrooms.

"Annabeth- I can't stop-" I say, and vanish again just as something like an explosion rattles the bathroom. "AHHHH!" I scream in rage when I appear again, catching a glimpse of a flower shrouded room before my anger flares the magic brighter, releasing in short bursts.

The Demeter cabin, bustling as usual. Don catches my eye and jolts-

Chiron's office, where I knock into a desk, documents and books flooding to the ground-

The dining era-

The sword ring-

A dark, dark room with a mummy on a chair, somewhere that looks like an attic? I could swear green light shimmers around the mummy but-

BAM! I slam into a sopping wet Clarisse, emerging from the bathrooms, she flinches, and I tip sideways in the impact, vanishing again.

The lake, GODDAMMIT! I fall straight off the dock, tumbling into the water for a solid few secounds before I'm pulled away again.

I land solidly in the corner, right in between my cabin and Hermes's, landing solidly on my side. I groan, ears ringing as well as my body soaking wet, and I hear Mr. D shout from the middle of camp.