37. Meet, Gifts and Kisses

*Time skip 1 month*

Ishan sat in the car, watching the beautiful landscape of tall buildings against the bright blue sky and the floating clouds.

Just as the car stopped at a traffic signal, he saw few kids rushing toward the vehicles, trying to sell some flowers.

When a little girl, around age of 9 tapped at his car window, he smiled as he lowered the glass. She wore a rusted blue kurti and a black long skirt under it. Her hair was braided in one pleat and placed on her right shoulder, with few strands of baby hair left open. But the most beautiful feature of the girl was her brown doe-eyes, which held sorrow yet youthfulness.

"Bhaiya ji, Konsa ek phul le lo bhaiya ji! Gulab dedo ya tulips?" She asked him in a pleading voice and doe-eyes which melted Ishan's heart.

"Peele (yellow) tulips hai?" Ishan asked in a soft voice and the girl smiled brightly and nodded her head.

In the plastic bag, she searched for it with her eyebrows furrowed and her tongue little out. Ishan chuckled at her mutterings as she searched for the flower and suddenly, a bright smile lit up on her face as she hastily grabbed the yellow tulips and handed it to Ishan.

He patted her head affectionately and took the flowers from the little lady. But the most unique thing of the flower was that though it was majoritaly yellow it had tijts of pink which made it look ethereal.

"Baccha.. kitne ka hai ye?" He asked

"Bhaiya ₹80 ka!" She said. Ishan smiled and from his pocket gave a thousand note to the little girl.

She frowned and said "Bhaiya ji.. chutta nahi hai.." Ishan smiled and asked "Aap ka naam kya hai?"

"Anisha" and boy did that name made Ishan's heart fluttered with warmth.

"Anisha, ye sab paise rakh lo. Theek hai?" He said and patted her head.

Immediately tears welled up in her widened eyes. She placed the note on her eyes and thanked the lord and then Ishan continuously.

As the lights turned green, he saw Anisha leaving and rushing for her mother and elder brother showing them her earning.

Ishan smiled, as the beautiful moment etched in his heart and mind forever.

As the car finally stopped its destination, Ishan opened his door and took in the surrounding.

His phone rang and he soon picked it up smiling at the caller's name

"Ishu baby!!! Kitne baje pauchoge humare ghar? Agastya is waiting for his chachus impatiently! Especially his favourite one" Hardik's voice boomed through the phone

Ishan laughed out heartily and said "usko bolo, ki pehle fav chachu apna fav gift layenge, phir hi usko jo chahiye gift denge" he chuckled as he heard the little ones from the other side "Ishan chachu will bring gifts!! yeah!!"

Soon he ended the call, and a tap on his shoulder made him turn behind

And as soon as he turned, his eyes widened in surprise at person in front of him but soon he engulfed the giant being in a hug which lasted a few more seconds.

"Ishu.. I missed you!" The taller lad, spoke softly as he bent to nuzzle in Ishan's crook of neck. Ishan shivered a little at the vibrations

"I missed you more meri jaan." Ishan said as he laid his right ear against the person's chest, he could hear the fast heart beat of that person, mirroring the same as Ishan's.

As they both parted and looked at each other, the world behind them slowed, the airport rush blurred in background and the only thing that mattered to them, was just them being this close in each other's embrace as the world around them freezed, just at their brief eye contact which held emotions of longing, tranquil and most importantly love. The eyes that shared millions of unsaid stories which words could not.