𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

remember to vote and comment, they always motivate me!

.

.

"THIS WILL BE YOUR ROOM."

The mansion was absolutely spotless—it was tastefully decorated, with expensive ornaments and furniture littered around the place. There was a greenhouse where flowers and roses had bloomed beneath the resplendent sun, and the scent had been comforting—yet had also been strong enough to hide the smell of blood; the smell of iron.

"This...is my room," Y/n said listlessly, his eyes surveying the place before him. It was a far cry from what he was so accustomed to: dingy floors, walls so flimsy he could have fallen on it and it would have toppled, sparse furniture...unlike his previous circumstances, this was a room fit for royalty.

And hell, a butler had led him here. Y/n didn't exactly know what he expected a house of a Mafia to seem like: perhaps colder, more sinister—with nothing but metal bars and...but this was bright—even cheerful, as one might say.

And there was something familiar about it. About the sight of sunlight streaming through large paneled windows, light catching on his fingertips, his hair.

"Yes. The Tsar has assigned you this room. It is opposite his," the butler bowed towards Y/n, smiling politely. However, his expression almost seemed hostile. Perhaps to the ones who had served Andrei for so long, Y/n L/n was seen as an outsider, infiltrating the mansion. Come to think of it, Y/n thought, I don't even know Andrei Ivanov. I suppose I accepted as it would mean a way out of poverty. In fact, the butler's gloves smelt odd. It was a fragrance, yes, but there was something...rather...off-putting...

The butler did not flinch.

"It's a nice room." Y/n said blandly. "What's your name?"

"My name?" He looked awkward. " It's Sergei. And you might be staying in this room for quite some time, so you should make yourself comfortable."

But Y/n was convinced that Andrei would abandon him before long.

"Ah." Y/n nodded stiffly. "Tell the Tsar that I extend my thanks towards him."

Tsar. Usually Russian Mafia were called Pakhan, yet Andrei was quite literally called the ruler. He could have been, with the power and control he had over St. Petersburg, where he mainly lived, over Moscow, over...more than half of Russia. Cities were his kingdom, and all Andrei lacked was a Tsarina to rule with him.

I don't even come from Russia, Y/n thought. My mother does, but I've only spent my childhood here. St. Petersburg had beautiful architecture that he had greatly admired, but his visit back to Russia was not because of that. Y/n had come back to finish a few documents related to his father's passing, and had stumbled upon the loans.