Babysitter Part 1

Will stopped by the district to pick up Ashley and take her with him to Med. Before leaving, Hank asked both brothers for a moment to talk to them in the office. They both entered and sat in front of the desk.

Hank: I've been thinking about what's best for Ashley and I think you should find a babysitter who can take care of her at your house after school. It's not that I don't want to have her here, You both know that little girl is the joy in this bullpen with her lovely voice singing, her laughter, her antics, but she is still a child and deserves to have a normal childhood, go out to the park, watch TV, play with their toys, etc. It's not for her at her age to be sitting for hours in a breakroom. You both have very extreme schedules and can rely on a babysitter.
Jay: I agree, I know the little girl enjoys being around all of us but she can't do the things that someone her age does.
Will: I agree too, I think we can check out babysitters and organize interviews.
Hank: When you have the options we will do the background check and from there we will go to the interviews. When you're done with that, we'll sit down and decide the best person for Ashley.
Both: Thanks Sarge.

Both brothers left Hank's office and Will spoke to Ashley telling her that it was time to leave. She took the backpack from her and gave it to Will, while she held the tablet in her hand. She said goodbye to everyone and her brother Jay, she gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Jay: Be good bumblebee, see you at home
Me: See you Jay, be careful. I love you
Jay: Love you too sweetie.

Will and Ashley came down, said goodbye to Trudy and went to Med. They were there until Will finished his shift and went in for Ashley to the doctor's lounge, where she was playing with Connor.

Will: Ready munchkin?
Me: Yes
Will: Say bye to Connor
Me: Bye Connor- gave him a hug
Connor: Bye sweetie, have a good night
Me: You too
Will: See you bro, thanks for watching her
Connor: No problem.

They left the Med and got into Will's truck, they headed home, when they arrived Will helped Ashley with her homework while Ashley colored the homework sheet. Will took the opportunity to tell Ashley about the next babysitter.

Will: Hey shorty, I want to tell you something... Jay and I have thought about hiring a babysitter to take care of you here at home in the afternoon while we continue at work, so you can have a normal childhood like all children of your age, so you can go out park, play in the yard or with your toys, watch television and many things, and not be locked in a room for hours waiting for us to finish working.
Me: But I won't see you guys anymore
Will: You will see us at night
Me: I'm gonna miss you the whole day
Will: Let's see how it works, it can be like 3 days per week and then 2 days at the district or at Med so you can see everyone and weekends with Jay or me depending on our shifts
Me: Okay...Will: We love you munchkin and we want you to have a normal childhood - he kissed her on the forehead

Soon Jay arrived home.

Jay: I'm home
Me: Jay!!
Jay: Hey sweetie, how was the evening at Med?
Me: Good, I played with Connor.
Jay: Sounds good! What were you doing?
Me: Homework, and we watched TV
Will: I told her about the babysitter
Jay: Do you like the idea?
Me: Not much but Will said that it will be for my best
Jay: Totally, you will do the things that every kid on your age does. By the way I brought you guys dinner.
Will: Thanks bro, come on Ashley let's eat so you can take a shower and then go to sleep tomorrow is school day

The three of them sat down to dinner, they talked and laughed, Will and Jay loved making the little girl laugh, after about 30 minutes Will prepared the tub for Ashley so she could take a bath, he left her alone in the tub while he took out her pajamas and towel. During that time he made her bed, prepared the music to sleep and then proceeded to wash Ashley's hair, then she washed her body and Will wrapped her in the towel, carried her and sat her on the bed. Ashley took her pajamas and put them on, while Will brushed her hair, did her usual braid and that's when Jay came in because they regularly take turns putting Ashley to sleep, the psychologist recommended that they start putting Ashley to sleep in her room. Will kissed her forehead and said goodbye to her.

Will: Goodnight munchkin, sweet dreams I love you
Me: Goodnight Will, I love you more- Will left the room
Jay: Okay sweetie, it's time to sleep
Me: Wait... Jay what about if the babysitter is a bad person?
Jay: It's not going to happen, first we're going to interview her and she'll be tested. If she doesn't treat you well, she won't come anymore and we'll look at other options. We would never leave you with someone who doesn't take good care of you.
Me: Okay...
Jay: Good night princess- gave her a Kiss on the forehead
Me: Goodnight Jay

Jay put play on the music and hugged the little girl, caressed her back and after about 10 minutes she fell fast asleep.In the morning Jay woke Ashley up to get her ready before leaving for school.

Jay: Good morning munchkin it's time to wake up
Me: Just a little bit more, Will, please.
Jay: If I give you some minutes, you're going to be late for school. Come on, get up sleepyhead

Ashley got up a little lazily, Jay took her to the bathroom to wash her face, she changed into her uniform and went down to have breakfast, in the kitchen Will was already serving breakfast while Jay was doing Ashley's hair, after 15 minutes Jay took Ashley's backpack and together with the little girl they headed to school, but not before saying goodbye to Will. After 15 minutes they arrived at school, she gave her brother a kiss and a hug and then the teacher opened the door of Jay's truck and helped Ashley out.

After dropping Ashley off at school Jay headed to the district, as soon as everyone arrived they started working on the case. Hours passed and Will picked up Ashley at school. In the free time they had, the brothers made two options for babysitters with whom they could begin reviewing backgrounds and interviews. When Will and Ashley arrived at the Med, the little girl already knew where she had to go and that she had to wait there until Will's shift was over. That afternoon, Will would interview one of them at the house while the other girl would be interviewed by Jay. tomorrow at his free time.

In order not to waste time preparing dinner, Will decided to go to the drive-thru of Ashley's favorite restaurant. They arrived home around 7pm and the girl would arrive at 7:30 for her interview.