Firestorm Caldera Unicorns

Unicorns that live in the Firestorm Caldera—a fitting name—are unique in that they are completely fireproof! They have shorter fur, and their markings always glow a bit, like flames. Their manes and tails are short compared to other species, even shorter than Solitudo Unicornis, probably to avoid getting caught on things or to heat the unicorn.

Scientific name: Ardere Unicornis

Common name: Blaze Unicorn.

Family name: Equiformidae

Adult stallion size: 6'8"-7'2".

Young adult stallion size: 6'-5'4".

Sub-adult stallion size: 5'1"-6'3".

Yearling stallion size: 3'12"-4'8"

Foal stallion size: 1'10"-2'8"

Adult mare size: 6'-6'10".

Young adult mare size: 5'7"-5'11".

Sub Adult mare size: 4'10"-5'5".

Yearling mare size: 3'11"-4'6".

Foal mare size: 1'10"-2'7".

Female name: mare.

Male name: stallion.

Young name: foal, yearling, sub-adult, and young adult.

Female young name: filly.

Male young name: colt.

Diet: omnivorous, but leans towards herbivorous.

Lifespan: 10-30 years in the wild, 30-50 years in captivity if they are given exceptional care.

Foal: newborn-11 months.

Yearling: 1 year.

Sub adult: 2-4 years.

Young adult: 5-6 years.

Adult: 7-20 years.

Elder: 21-30 years.

Oldest specimen: A mare who lived to be 56.

The darker a unicorn's color, the more respected they are within their respective groups since they can hide better. Lightly and fully brightly colored unicorns are either killed or banished from the herd as foals. This only applies to unicorns with colors that don't directly match their surroundings. Very bright warmer color unicorns tend to stick to areas with more lava than their darker counterparts.

Mares

Adults

General

These are the mares from the Firestorm Caldera. They are oddly aggressive for a unicorn, the most aggressive of any species. They come in warm colors, fitting due to the fact they live near active volcanos. There have been some bodies found of foals with other colors, but their rare and never alive.

Mare Herd Hierarchy

Lead mare: highest, gets the best food, water, protection, and stallions. All the mares listen to her.

Leader's heir: second highest rank, right below the leader. No matter their previous standing within the herd, they automatically get respected. Unless the leader pardons them, any unicorn who mistreats them, even before becoming the heir, is killed or banished from the herd.

Elders: the third highest role and the oldest of the herd. These mares, while valued, are usually left behind during predator attacks, and it's less likely the other mares will defend them if they're cornered or get separated from the herd.