Chapter 3 - Unanswered Questions

~David P.o.v~

Our morning patrol went smoothly. We helped people with some basic things, such as a few repairs, carrying groceries, and getting some cats out of trees. Although few of them were difficult. But other than being clawed in the face, our day was pretty uneventful.

"Well, that went pretty well. We've completed all of our tasks, and we still have some time for ourselves." Said our leader. The others were happy, including myself, because the sun and heat were really starting to get to me. "So how about we head towards the nearest bar and -"

He didn't finish his sentence because his walkie-talkie started talking. "Hello? T.S.P group 1? Are you there?" Everyone audibly groaned. Our leader chuckled at that and picked up his walkie-talkie before speaking into it.

"Hello? This is T.S.P group one. What assistance do you need?" It took a couple of seconds before they caller responded. "A family of 4 needs assistance on the north side of the wall. Something to do with their house." "Roger that, we're on our way." He hung up and turned towards all of us.

"Alright, you heard him. to the north wall!" We were not in the mood, but we trudged our way to our destination. While on our way there, I struck up a conversation with some of the members. "So what do you guys think this is about?" I ask them. "Eh, probably a tree fell on them or something." "I don't know, if it were a tree, they would probably call someone else."

I nod in agreement to that, thinking, 'That's true, if we were called to see into it, it probably has something to do with a troll or something else.' I snap out of my thoughts as I hear the others keep talking. "Well, whatever it is, let's complete it as quickly as possible so we can spend the rest of the day relaxing." A female teamate snickers at his response. "Yeah, if getting extremly drunk and passing out in the middle of the floor is YOUR form of relaxing." That teamate kept his smile. "Hey, if it works for me, it works." Me and Twig roll our eyes each other at his response.

~Timeskip~

We finally make it to our destination. Due to trolberg being a really big city and always expanding every day, it took a while to make it. And when we got there, what we saw made us audibly gasp and made our eyes widen at the sight before us.

In front of us was the house of the family. Or, what was left of the house. The roof was completely caved in, the walls were barely standing, and the front yard appeared to be littered with boulders of all shapes and sizes. Nothing inside seemed to be spared either, with everything either broken, shattered, or crushed from boulders.

"Geez, what happened here? It looks like it rained boulders!" I didn't know what to say because I was just as lost as the others. 'What could have caused all this?' We walk towards what used to be the house before we heard someone call out for us. "Hey! You finally made it!" We turn our heads to find a man that appears to be in his mid 30's with a woman that also appears to be in her 30's, and next to them, there were 2 children. One appears to be around 4 years of age while the other was 7 years of age.

"Thank goodness you've arrived. We need your help." Our leader walks up to him and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Of course, that's our job, after all. But first i would like to know, what exactly happened here?" The father shakes his head. "We honeslty have no idea. Last night we went sonwhere for my sons birthday, and stayed out of town for a bit. When we came back, we found our home like....this." He waves his arm towards the used to be house.

Our leader nods his head at his response. "Understood. I'll go talk to my team and well figureput waht were gonna do next for your family." The father sghs in relief. "Thank you, sir." He says. "Of course." Our leader ends it with a smile and comes back towards us. When he gets back in the group, his face suddenly turns serious, and his smile now turns into a frow. It was a bit unsettling how fast he's able to change his expression.