17. let's meet again

Jiyeon dropped Somin's body on the bed as soon as they stepped inside the guest room. "Why are you so heavy?"

Standing up on her feet, finally getting her balance together, she let out a sigh, looking at the sleeping figure of her best friend.

"Let's change your clothes,'' she spoke to herself, walking into the closet to take out a pair of pajamas for Somin to change into.

After almost 10 minutes, Jiyeon successfully put Somin to bed, covering her body with the blanket.

She then walked out of the room, closing the door behind her and walking into her own room to be greeted by her brother sitting on her bed. "Let's talk"

The both of them settled themselves on the chair in the balcony, staring up at the disappearing moon.

"Did you talk to him?" Joshua asked, ending the silence. "He wasn't able to complete. Somin interrupted"

Joshua rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed. "She ruins everything, doesn't she?" He murmured.

"What did you say?" Jiyeon felt offended, though the words weren't directed towards her.

"Did I lie? She interrupts everything. She interrupted you guys when you guys had your almost first kiss at his birthday party, interrupted when he was confessing to you at the beach, interrupted your guys'... sexual activities multiple times and the list just goes on" Joshua spat, annoyed by Somin's habit of interrupting during wrong timings.

"Whatever" Jiyeon rolled her eyes, chuckling.

"How far did he tell you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You said he wasn't able to complete, how much did he tell you?"

Letting out a sigh, she leaned her head back, looking up at the ceiling, thinking back to his words: "Despite the promises I made to you being left broken, I still lived every moment loving you just the same"

His words have been ringing in her head ever since. "He didn't say much. He only told me that he has loved me this whole time"

Joshua stared at her, trying to understand what she might be feeling and it was more than clear that she was trying to hold back her tears.

"It just doesn't make sense. If he loved me then why? What was the reason to do that? I would understand if he ignored me for a few days but he did it for 6 whole years, Shua. What could possibly excuse that?"

Joshua looked away, staring at the sky. He felt bad for her. He wanted to tell her everything but he knows it's not his place to do that. If only you knew what he went through these past 6 years, He thought.

"Don't you still wanna talk to him?" He asked. Jiyeon didn't reply for a few minutes, she had a head full of questions. And she wanted answers to them, and the only way is to talk to him.

"I will. I have to. But how?"
"What do you mean 'how'? He isn't a stranger you just met, you can meet him anytime"
"How will I ask him to meet me?"
"I'll give you his number, ask him to meet anytime you want to"

For the next few minutes, the siblings spent the time just admiring the sky. It's almost time for the sun to rise. They spent so much time at the club without keeping any track of time.

"Do you think the boys have gone home?" Jiyeon asked. "Probably. The three of them were sober enough to drive home, so they probably did"

"Why? You're worried about your boyfriend?" Joshua teased. Jiyeon rolled her eyes, looking elsewhere.

"No, I'm not. And it's my ex-boyfriend, not boyfriend" She corrected. "That's not what he said"

Wondering what he meant, Jiyeon raised her brows, asking for context.