Steal Your Heart & First Date

The next day at Auradon Prep, Cody was with his girlfriend as Audrey noticed all the girls with their hair different. Mal quietly follows Cody as Cody stops by his locker. Mal opens her locker, waiting for the opportunity for Audrey to leave so she can give the love potion to Cody. As Mal pretends to put stuff away in her locker, Jay comes by her.

Jay: Are you feeling kinda weird about this? I mean, it's not so bad here, you know.

Mal: Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!

Mal snaps her fingers at Jay, putting some sense into him.

Jay: Thanks, Mal. I needed that.

Jay walks over to talk with the girls while Audrey walks over to her boyfriend.

Audrey: Do you think they actually paid for those?

Cody turns and sees the girls with their new hairstyles and Jay speaking with them as Audrey continues.

Audrey: She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it.

Cody: What's the harm in that?

Audrey: It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair! Next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then where will I be?

Cody: Listen, Audrey...

Audrey: I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?

Cody: Okay.

Audrey: Bye, Cody

Audrey gives Cody a kiss on the cheek and walks away.

Cody: Bye...

Taking the opportunity, Mal closes her locker.

Mal: Hey, Codyboo!

Cody turns and sees Mal.

Cody: Hey. How's it going?

Mal: I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?

Cody: I got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time.

Mal: No, yeah. I completely understand. "Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."

Cody: No, no, no. That's not what I meant--

Mal: No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that.

Cody: No, no. That's not it. No, no, no. I really do.... I have...

Mal: No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well, more for me, I guess.

As Mal goes to take a bite from the cookie, Cody snatches it from Mal and takes a bite from it.

Cody: See that? Totally trust you.

Mal looks at her friends, knowing that the plan worked.

Mal: How are they?

Cody: They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're... I mean, they're chewy and, you know, they... Is that walnuts?

Mal nods her head yes to Cody's question.

Cody: I love walnuts! I mean, you know, the chocolate... The chocolate... Chocolate chips are... I'm sorry, um... They're warm and soft. And they're sweet...

Mal finally realizes that the love spell has finally taken effect on Cody. Cody looks at Mal and smiles.

Cody: Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?