Slays Way 29

I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled into my massive shower. The hot water pounded against my skin, waking me up. It also reminded me of the raging headache from last night's drinking. I couldn't believe how quickly I got drunk. I knew I was stressed and not eating correctly. But I needed to slow down and get things back in check.

As I towelled off and walked to the vanity mirror, I noticed a small note stuck onto the surface.

So, So Sorry. He was very pushy, and I am starting to like him & you as one!

I hate myself. Mon XX

PS - Greta was a pushover- she is fucking Guy...

My mind raced as I tried to figure out what she meant by Carter. I had already figured Greta and Guy were an item. I had assigned it to her constant mood swings lately.

If Carter and I had problems. Greta and Guy seemed like a recipe for disaster. He was so calm, political, and pack-oriented. She was a Gypsy, non-conformist and completely politically inappropriate. I sensed drama unfolding bigger than my own.

The intense smell of chilli eggs wafted from downstairs, interrupting my thoughts. I quickly threw on a tracksuit and went down to the Kitchen. There, I found Max, Niko, and Slay cooking breakfast together.

The sight had me frozen in my tracks. Marcus and Carter sat at the dining room table, conversing deeply with Monica. I struggled to find the words as I stuttered, "What's going on here?" All eyes turned to me, but Slay wore a sly grin and said, "Brunch time, princess.

"And I know how much you love chilli eggs after a night of partying." He began serving plates for everyone. They nonchalantly glided over to the table without acknowledging my confusion.

Then, I noticed two large duffel bags and a suitcase by the door. Carter's voice interrupted the awkward silence like a sharp knife.

"I started moving in early this morning; that is the last of my stuff", he explained with a smile.

My mind raced, and nerves overwhelmed me. Had Carter moved in with me? When did this happen? Before I could speak up, Marcus gave me a sly smirk. He declared, "Looks like we have a new power couple in the Shifter/Lycan world! Perfect timing."

My face burned with embarrassment. All eyes flickered back and forth between Carter and myself. The situation was becoming increasingly bizarre, leaving me speechless. Monica was watching me, an introspective expression on her face. I should have felt betrayed by her, but I didn't. Monica was not a manipulator. If she agreed to it, she knew something I did not.

Finally, I stammered out, "Carter...you moved in without even discussing it with me?" Monica's cryptic message made sense. He had moved them into my house and himself into mine without telling me beforehand. Carter's expression softened as he gazed back at me, but it was unreadable.

Just then, Slay shoved a plate towards me. "Sit down and eat; we all need to talk afterwards," he demanded. Still in shock, I took my place at the table and picked at my food while everyone else ate heartily. Slay's voracious appetite was nothing new. He always ate like it was his last meal before delivering bad news or about to unleash his wrath on someone. We ate in silence.

Slay pushed his plate away, and his eyes rolled back in frustration. "So, Miss Andonis, you have been keeping secrets again."

He emphasized the last words with a tight squeeze of his eyelids. He sat back, arms crossed tightly over his chest. The fabric of his flannel strained against his bulging muscles.

I hated keeping secrets from him, but he had chosen to side with the old order when I brought them my theories. This was on him. Carter watched me calmly from the sidelines; I could tell they had all discussed this already. If anyone knew how I operated, it was Slay. He had been handed the job of confronting me.