7. This love

Warnings: Y/n thinks pretty bad about herself in this one, there will be no form of s/h but I just hope nobody gets triggered by this<3 Also, Robin and y/n are fighting in this one, so if that triggers you please feel free to skip this chapter.

Description: Y/n felt terrible, her parents just infomed her that they were leaving Hawkins, for good. Because of this news Y/n is very upset, and gets in a fight with her girlfriend Robin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?!" I stared at my parents in disbelief, my mouth slightly hung open. "Yes, dear, we're moving." My mom stated, and I felt tears sting in my eyes, no! This couldn't be happening. "To where?" I asked, the lump in my throat making it hard to properly speak. "To Washington." My dad spoke. "What!? Washington is like, the other side of the world!" I complained. It was hard to surpress my tears, but I still managed to keep them from rolling down my cheeks. "What about my friends?" I added. What was I going to do without Robin?! Ofcourse my parents didn't know about her, they would kill me if they knew I liked girls. "Honey, it will be alright. You'll make plenty of friends at your new school." My mom assured me, but I wasn't satisfied at all. "You don't get it! I don't want to move!" I snapped and ran up the stairs. 

When I got to my room I locked the door behind me and slid to the floor, finally allowing the tears to escape my eyes. I sat there for a while, just thinking. Goddamn Washington, It was a cool city, but why did we have to move there?! I was scared, what if I was never going to see Robin ever again? what if she got mad at me for leaving? Thinking about all that just made me feel worse. I buried my face into my hands, and started sobbing. 

"Honey, there is someone at the door for you!" I heard my mom yell. "Just go away!" I wailed back. There wasn't any response, and I got up from the floor, drying my tears with the sleeves of my sweater. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. "Didn't I say to just go away!?" I yelled with a hint of annoyance in my voice. "Is that how you talk to your mother?" I heard a very familliar voice say. I blushed and opened the door to reveal Robin. "Rob, sorry." I muttered, and let her in. She smiled and hugged me, before closing the door behind her again. I didn't really feel in the mood for a hug, and tried to subtly push her away. "You okay?" she asked while slightly raising an eyebrow at me. "I'm fine." I mumbled, and didn't make eye contact. "No you're not, You're a mess." Robin remarked. I clenched my cheeks and narrowed my eyes. "I'm not." I hissed, visibly annoyed now. "I can tell you've been crying, what's wrong?" She insisted. "you wouldn't understand." "Try me" I rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh. "God Robin! Just leave me alone! Can't you shut up just once in your life?!" I snapped, but immediatly regretted it. I could see Robin was slightly hurt, and the tone in her voice had changed too. "Wow, uhm okay. I was just trying to help." She stammered while fiddling with her rings. "shit, I shouldn't have sai-" I mouthed, but before I could finish my sentence Robin interupted me. "You know what, I should leave if thats what you want." She said with a shaky voice and made her way back to the door. I bit my lip and wanted to grab her and hold her and tell her I was sorry, but I just stood there. I saw her hesitate to open the door, as if she was waiting for me to hold her back. She turned around. "Love you." She whispered with tears in her eyes and left. 

I stood there for a few seconds, completely shocked and angry with myself. Both of us have never said 'I love you' to eachother. I wanted to, but I just couldn't find the right moment, and this certaintly wasn't. I heard the front door close, and rushed to the window. I saw Robin walk away from my house, and I wanted to call after her. I wanted to scream at her that I loved her too and that I was sorry, but the words just got stuck in my throat. Why did I have to be so bad with my emotions?! I should've told Robin what was going on, then we wouldn't have had this fight. I sat down on my bed and broke down. I'm such a screwup, maybe it's better if I can start a new life in Washington...

I had been laying in my bed for a few hours, and still felt miserable, so I decided to go for a walk. I put on my shoes and made my way to the park. It was quiet, and the sun had started to go down. I sat down on the swing, and felt tears creeping up again. I swung myself a bit back and forth to calm down. Weirdly enough, it seemed to work, but not enough. Tears streamed down my face as I replayed the argument with Robin over and over again in my mind. As I buried my face in my hands, trying to stiffle the sobs, I heard footsteps approach me. I quickly wiped away my tears and pretended that everything was fine. I glanced up through my blurry vision and saw Robin standing there. "Y/n?" She said softly, a hint of concern in her voice. I sniffled and tried to compose myself. "Robin, hi." I replied, my voice barely above a whisper. She sat down on the swing beside me. I could feel the tension in the air, as we both searched for the right things to say.

"I'm so sorry." I finally blurted out. "I never wanted to hurt you." Robin's expressions softened slightly, but I could still feel some tension. "I know." She said softly. "I just don't understand, you're right." She added. I felt a gush of guilt wash over me, this wasn't fair to Robin, I needed to explain. "Rob, I-..." I reached out and took her hands in mine. "I need to tell you something." Robin glanced down and intertwined our fingers. "You're moving, I know." She whispered. My eyes widened. "What- how did you know?" I asked. "Your mom told me when I was leaving your house." She explained. "I'm sorry." I whispered, not knowing what else to say. "You don't have to apologise for that." She reassured me, and gave me a small smile. There was silence. 

"I love you." I finally whispered, the words hanging in the air between us. Robin squeezed my hands gently, a small smile playing at the corners of her mouth, she looked cute like that. "I love you too." She replied, her voice filled with sincerity. "And I don't care if you move to washington, I'll always keep loving you." She added. I felt my eyes water again. "Thank you rob, you really mean the world to me."She got up and pulled me from the swing too, embracing me in a tight hug. And just for a moment everything felt alright, like everything was going to be okay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hii:) In honour of being single on valentines I decided to make a depressing oneshot for all the singles out there lmao. I hope you enjoyed reading this<33 Have a nice day/night!