𝟔. 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘

Edited

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐒

"And... Done," Sariah sang out.

I watched as she cleaned her paintbrush, wiping it on a nearby towel, while my dumbass is still sketching Spongebob.

"Damn, that was quick. Let me see," I said as I walked over to her. It was a painting of Hello Kitty with what I would assume was a skeleton costume.

 It was a painting of Hello Kitty with what I would assume was a skeleton costume

"You like?" I nodded as I took in every detail of the art piece.

Sariah has always been amazing with art, ever since we were little. I remember this one time we had an art competition in Mrs. Harriet's Art class.

Sariah made everybody's jaw drop that day; it even ended up on the local news.

"Alright, kids, brushes down. Let me see what you have done."

I sighed as I looked at what was supposed to be Spiderman. "Welp! You're going to lose," Asher snickered.

I glared at him as he started laughing his butt off at my work. Looking over at his side, I see he drew a heart with Sariah's name in the middle.

"Says the one who drew the most basic thing ever," I laughed, pointing at his work.

"Shut up," he glared.

"Woah, Sariah, that looks freaking amazing," Richard gasped as he munched on some goldfish.

I looked over at Sariah, seeing her writing her name at the bottom of her small canvas.

It was a painting of a rose with a petal falling off, with two black silhouettes in the background.

"Yeah, Sariah, that looks amazing," Asher joined in.

"Thank you, guys," she blushed.

"And what do we have here," Mrs. Harriet gasped as she walked over.

"Do my artistic eyes deceive me? This is a magnificent piece of art," Mrs. Harriet exclaimed as she carefully picked up Sariah's art.

Sariah blushed, hiding her face in her hands as everyone crowded around Mrs. Harriet to see the work.

"Sariah, dear. Who taught you how to paint?" Sariah peeked from her hands.

"My mommy," she whispered.

I felt my heart warm at her adorable behavior. It is true; we came over to her house one day, and her mother was in their backyard painting on a big canvas.

Sariah was with her, also working on a medium-sized canvas, painting a little black girl with two pink tails.

"Oh my," the principal, Mr. Gruff, gasped. "Who painted this?"