𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. surprise?

"So how did it go? Tell me it was better than my 'date'." Maya said putting "date" in air quotes. What took place the night before was anything but a date.

"It was perfect, I thought it was going to be a shitty date like the others but he was so nice.." Annalise's step sister Lizzie spoke as she curled her usually straight hair.

"Great. Mine left." Maya frowned, as she applied a thick coat of mascara to her lashes, using her phone as a mirror.

"I'm sorry, but maybe you shouldn't have left me to your date. He was nice but I completely changed my plans for you." She sprayed a spritz of perfume on her outer wrists, moving to do the same to her neck.

"You know I love you, I'll make it up to you." Maya walked over to the vanity where Lizzie sat and wrapped her arms around her, giving her a tight hug.

"I know you will. And hey maybe things will work out between us."

"I hope they do, that would somehow make me feel better."

"It would make you feel better to know that me and the guy you were supposed to go on a date with worked out and the guy you went on a date with instead of him just ditched you?" She gleamed, finding it amusing at just how hard Maya tried to make the situation better than it was.

"Okay, well when you put it that way..."

"Well no take backs. We have another date Saturday."

"Oh wow, I'm shocked actually. When you said it was good I didn't think you meant a second date level good."

"Hey maybe it'll be a third."

"What have you done with Lizzie? The Lizzie I know goes on so many first dates with guys that she never has time for a second, much less a third!" Maya said sarcastically.

"Well maybe he's different. He is really cute, no one told me that much."

"I haven't even seen him. You might think that, but he could actually be ugly." Maya flopped down on to her bed.

"I didn't ask for any of his socials but I'll get them next time. You'll be the first to see him since you think he might be ugly. Then you'll really be upset that you missed the date."

"Great, atleast one of us got something out of the date.

"What are two talking about?" Anna entered the room as she overheard them from the next room over.

"Lizzie's amazing date, and my failed date with this Mason guy." Maya explained,

"You didn't ask if he had anything to do before you cancelled?" She laughed, though she already knew the answer.

"I didn't think it through okay, it was impulsive."

"That wasn't impulsive, that was stupid."

"I'm sorry I wanted my rom com meet cute situation . It happens in every movie."

"Thats the movies, this is real life."

"I mean we act in movies so close enough."

"Wow, that's what an actor does? Act?" Liz asked sarcastically.

"Shut up." Maya spoke with a smile, to let her know that she wasn't being serious.

"Well." Anna said sitting down on the bed. " I texted Charlie and he really liked the date." Anna confirmed, with a smile. Charlie was one of her good friends now, after being her costar for three years.

"Charlie? That was your love interest in diary of a future president right?" Liz asked, she had no clue what the show was about.

"Nope. Well, yes we were in the show together, but we didn't play love interests. His character Bobby was gay and mine, Angie was lesbian."

"And you're still friends?" Maya asked, though she didn't know why. She was still friends with her castmates from previous works.

"Yes! He's the guy I was going to set you up with, but now he's going out with Lizzie."

"I'm sorry. Don't worry I'll still set you up with Jack."

"Okay, then I forgive you for ruining my date planning skills. I had to pull some strings to get those reservations. It was not an easy feat."

"Then I'll make sure your date is one you will never forget."

And Annalise never would. Her first date with Jack was a moment she would never forget for as long as she lived. On the other hand Maya wished she could forget the whole encounter with the coffee shop guy that just ditched her.

"Oh and before I forget to ask. What does Charlie look like, since I never really got to see him." Maya suddenly remembered that she wanted to see the face of the guy she could have been on a date with.

Anna pulled her phone out of her pocket and scrolled to instagram. "This is him." She showed a familiar face, one that she had seen only hours before.

"You're actually kidding." Maya laughed.

"What?"

"You're joking... Right?" She seemed to second guess herself when she saw the look of Anna's face.

"No, Why? Why would I be joking?"

"That's the coffee guy!"