Chapter 4: Stolen Moments at Peter's Shack

All my friends want me to confess to Tristan. I like this. Loving him in secret. It's like an adventure. It makes life interesting. I'm lying in bed, not knowing much except for the need I felt to work as a waitress at Peter's shack where Tristan was employed. I'm planning to join there so I can spend more time with him. This summer is definitely going to be unlike any other; I can feel it. So, I quickly freshened up and wore a white knee-length dress with pink flowers and green stems, accessorized with a pink belt and a matching hairband, along with half-shoes. I'm loving the vibes of my beaded bangle bracelet and a rose gold chain with an oval pendant that says 'you got this, girl'.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was Ben; he jumped into my bed. "I've been waiting for you for a year. Let's go surfing. How about a surfing competition? The loser should do whatever the winner says," said Ben. "But now, I'm off to work. I'm taking a job as a waitress at Peter's shack, and it's a secret between you, me, and my sister. So, Tristan doesn't know about it."

"No, not yet. He'll eventually find out since I'll be working at the same place as him," I replied as Ben gave me a deep stare. "What's with that look?"

"So, are you going to tell him?" he asked.

"I don't know. Wait, I have something for you," I said, handing him the PlayStation he always talks about. "And as for surfing, we'll do it in the evening, and I'm going to beat you. Bye."

I took my bicycle, which today happened to match my dress in pink and white, and placed my backpack in the woven basket attached to the cycle.

The blue sea, always in motion, with the soothing sound of waves at one end, and this lovely shack, with Peter, the friendly uncle who is the owner of the shack. I also made friends with Kylie and Monti, who are chefs there. Customers with big smiles chatting and enjoying food. Two old couples having a cute banter, children building sand palaces. Some are resting in chairs, sipping their drinks. And there's Tristan, looking even more beautiful while working, his hair gently moving across his forehead in sync with the wind. What a picturesque scene. 'Dancing with Our Hands Tied' playing in the shack. I think Peter likes music a lot; he's vibing with that.

Suddenly, Tristan noticed me, and I could tell he was amused by my presence. Then Monti's request for plates interrupted the moment. As I cautiously reached for them, fearing a mishap, a hand reached out from behind me to help. I turned to see Tristan standing there, his hand resting casually on the wall. How confident he was. I envied his ease. He was so close to me. My heart was racing. I could feel its beat, and I'm sure anyone looking at me could tell I was nervous. Interrupting my thoughts, Tristan asked, his eyebrows furrowing slightly, 'What are you doing here, Priya? I thought you came to build sand castles on the beach, remember last summer?' He said with a teasing smile.

"I'm grown up, and I'm interested in working," I replied defensively. "I also said, 'So, you're not going to tell anyone that I'm working. It's between you, me, my sister, and Ben. You know about my mom, right?'" 

Tristan said, "So, you're making a request Priya, but why does it sound like a warning? Someone in your position would generally ask for help."

"Okay, what do you want?" I asked, feeling a bit uneasy as he stared at me with a devilish smirk. "Will you give whatever I ask?" With a mischievous glint in his eyes, he leaned in and whispered, "Think about it."

Suddenly, the air felt colder, but I was sweating. This man knew how to stir up my feelings. I pushed him playfully and said, "Yes, whatever. Nothing serious. I'm just joking with you. Let's focus on work. If you need any help, just ask me."