Chapter 5 - I challenge you to a dance off

The air in the club was smoky and stale, and although no music was playing, the small venue was filled with a quiet cacophony of sound: ice cubes tinkling in tumblers, fingers drumming on tables, lighter flints sparked to life, and several quiet coughs clearing the throats of impatient patrons. The stage was dark, completely empty, save for an antique chaise lounge that had been moved into the center moments earlier by the burly stage hands.

With a gentle nod from the stage manager, I walked forward quietly, careful not to let the heels of my shoes click on the hardwood floor, and laid down across the sofa, delicately draping my body to maximum effect in the darkness.

I looked out on the audience, noting that it was mostly men, drinking and smoking at small tables, closely packed onto the floor just below the stage, indiscriminant voyeurs to the coming spectacle, and silently settled myself for my performance.

The first bars of the song started, silencing the straggling patrons making their way back to their seats and suddenly the spot was on me, casting my frame in a bright-white limelight, and I started to sing.

Did you say, I've got a lot to learn
Well don't think I'm trying not to learn
Since this is the perfect spot to learn
Teach me tonight...

I sat up slowly, letting my long, brown hair cascade in flowing waves down my back, parting the high slit in my black, satin skirt to reveal the garter at my thigh. I uncrossed my legs delicately, standing to rise. Walking forwards towards the small stairs at the front of the stage, I moved slowly enough so that the lighting tech could follow my movements with the spot.

A gentleman near the front of the club put out his hand, which I accepted, and I made my way carefully down the stairs, stepping onto the blackness of the floor, closing in on the closest table in the front.

Starting with the ABC of it
Getting right down to the XYZ of it
Help me solve the mystery of it
Teach me tonight...

He was sitting alone at the small, center table in the front, remnants of an amber liquid - neat - in the small glass before him. He wore a navy suit coat, unbuttoned, and what looked like a white shirt, undone at the neck, his left hand was placed casually on the table, in close proximity to his beverage, and his right hand was on his lap, enticingly close to his crotch, drawing my attention to the bulge in his pants, which he was making no attempt at hiding.

The sky's a blackboard high above you
If a shooting star goes by
I'll use that star to write "I love you"
A thousand times across the sky

I walked toward him slowly, tracing my gloved hand along the curve of the table. He was magnificently beautiful. Brown-black hair hung in curls around his face, blue-grey eyes with thick lashes shone brightly like diamonds in the rough, his full lips curved into a grin and he smiled in the corner of his mouth.

One thing isn't very clear, my love
Should the teacher stand so near, my love
Graduation's almost here, my love
You'd better teach me tonight

I leaned forward, bringing my face close to his, and I could smell the remnants of whisky on his breath. He had other smells too, sweat and soap, the faint trace of cologne, and a hint of maple and pine. His scent was subtly intoxicating, so much so, that I felt compelled to lean in to him, to drink in more of his manly aroma, and was not surprised when he leaned in to me as well.

I could feel his warm breath on my neck, the proximity of his lips to my flesh sent a bolt of electricity down my spine. I moved closer to him, positioning myself purposefully between his legs, spread wide for me like an asshole commuter taking up two seats on the subway.