Chapter 4 - The Moon Beckons

The man holds his sword in his right arm, dangling it from his waist and quietly observes the magician in front of him

The man holds his sword in his right arm, dangling it from his waist and quietly observes the magician in front of him. Figuring out how to save his son without any harm on him.

A few minutes pass as the moon continues to illuminate the frontier between the two people, beginning the performance.

The man dashed towards her and positioned his sword in front of him horizontally to stab right through woman abdominal.

The woman casted the same circular shield in a hurry.

Soon when the man closed the distance between each other in an instant, he slashed the shield. Although the shield didn't break, another slash would appear.

The second slashed continue with a series of heavy blows that weakened the shield as each hit went by.

'At this rate, the shield would-'

By the fifteenth slash, the shield shattered

"Tch."

The women was soon forced to go on the offense with the baby still in her arm.

Two magic circle appeared behind her, letting out a dark mist as it formed into a lance. After a second of it being casted, she threw both lance with precision towards the man direction.

The put both his hand on his sword and positioned it in front of him. The sword was soon covered in the same black and blue mist from the bedroom. He dashed towards the women once more, while dodging one of the lances thrown at him.

The women moved her free hand and directed the lance that passed him towards his back. The man soon felt the impending danger and faced the magic head on. One strike, and the lance was destroyed.

The women dashed back and began to run to the opposite direction of the man.

"Is running all you can do!?"

His body was soon engulfed by the blue and black mist, and dashed towards her once more, but this time the dash was faster.

She continue to cast the same lance magic towards the man while running, keeping the baby in her arms tightly in her chest to protect the him.

But despite throwing multiple amount of magic towards him, he dodged and deflected them with ease, and soon closed the distance they had.

The man put all the mist that was surrounding his body all into the sword. Once he was witting reach, he positioned his sword to slash her neck.

'Crap, how can I avoid that!?'

She saw the baby in her arm, an idea came up.

The women faced the man that was about to slash her, and put the baby in front of the man.

The man eyes widened as he saw his child in from him. In order to stop the momentum of the sword that was about to slash the child diagonally, he stopped his movements abruptly using all his strength.