Chapter 211

In YGGDRASIL, all players possessed an internal clock – which was surprising to Ainz. The game company actually allowed something to be free, sure it's a basic part of any online game UI, but it was surprising for the company to forgo a possible way to fool Players into losing their sense of time.

There's a reason why there are no clocks inside Casinos.

Anyway, with the clock, at any moment, a Player could look at the corner of their field of view and determine the exact time, indispensable for any Raid. Just like in the movies, it allowed them to orient themselves by the seconds, by knowing the exact time on how long this or that boss, this or that animation, this or that phase would last.

In a Singularity, however, Ainz was deprived of this luxury, he doesn't even have a watch!

Furthermore, he doesn't know how to tell the time by the sun or the moon. And so, for this final battle in the Singularity, all he could do was to transmit through his magic and communication with the Servants the order to begin the battle at the start of dawn. Watching the stars begin to disappear in the early morning dew, disappearing with the darkness of night as the land was blanketed with the light of the early Sun, it was time to begin the attack.

If nothing else, the first opening volley would be bright enough as a signal – it's not something that anyone could miss.

"Well, here we go..."

More accurately speaking, though, the dots of lights only looked like stars – with the only similarity being their explosive potential. The small glowing dots in the sky looked like beautiful night or morning stars, but instead of gradually fading with the arrival of the Sun, each one instantly began to fill with radiance and light. One by one they began expanding rapidly, turning first into comets that streak across the sky, then into huge glowing pillars of magic that moved at a speed that even the fastest Servants would have great trouble dodging them.

Finally, the falling stars crashed into the golden glowing walls of Camelot, causing them to flash gold for a moment as pinpricks of light rained on the Holy City, each drop resounding like the sound of thunder. Barrage after barrage barreled at the shining walls of Camelot, blinding anyone that looked in its direction closely – even so, Ainz did not need to see the walls to see the effect of the attack.

Semiramis' attack was strong, very strong – and they were utterly useless against the walls of Camelot.

But then again, that was not the goal.

The flashes of light sent by Semiramis were more to confirm Camelot's reaction than to actually do any damage. The attack that could scorch Servants foolish enough to let a powerful Caster build their power base was nothing more than a probing strike. For the walls of Camelot, enveloped by the Goddess' power, they were not even a shadow of danger. The comets disappearing after a moment, with only powerless flashes spreading across the walls of Camelot, the only proof that the attack happened at all.

"As expected." Ainz did not react in any way to this outcome, continuing to watch the impotent attacks of Semiramis' soaring fortress. After all, if Camelot's defenses had suddenly been destroyed by the Queen of Assyria's usual attack, Ainz would rather be concerned about how unexpectedly easy he had succeeded.

His paranoia would not rest until the end of Singularity – and perhaps not even then.

However, looking at the way Semiramis' attacks only glided impotently across the golden light-covered walls of Camelot, on some level Ainz even felt something akin to calm. Precisely, because things were not so simple as for him to suspect a trap in the wings. "Semiramis is preparing the main bombardment at the moment... Hmm, I almost got hit by it in the past, but never got to see it in action up close, last time I was too distracted by the attack on me. I wonder what the attack from the soaring palace of the legendary... uhm, whoever she is?"