Burned

Jayden crawled on the ceiling of a home taking in everything he could. "Come on Doc, give me something to go off of." The young hero scanned the desk of Kurt Connors attempting to find any sort of clue. The house was in a poor state with multiple windows shattered and furniture destroyed.

"All of his work is still here, so why just take Connors?" Jayden dropped down and read a report that the doctor had on the regenerative properties of a lizard. His phone started to buzz as he noticed it was an urgent text from Laurel for the Arachnid. "Don't worry Doc I'm not giving up on ya yet." The young Lance sibling left the house and swung out to his sister's.

Laurel's Apartment

"It's been a while I didn't think you'd show. Where have you been and where is your partner?" Laurel questioned as the young vigilante sat on the ceiling. "That's not important right now. What did you need?" He spoke calmly with his modulated voice.

"My best friend's brother. He died two days ago fighting a fire. The police and fire department say that he died in the line of duty. But my friend, she thinks he's been murdered." Laurel said as The Arachnid crossed his arms. "So you want some killers to find each other. I didn't forget what you told your father about us, saying we have no remorse."

Laurel was prepared to retort with something but stopped before focusing on the matter at head. "Take a look at the file. If Danny de La Vega was murdered, then we have to bring his killer to justice." "I'll make sure my partner and I get on it." Jayden soon left for the hideout walking in on John and Oliver.

"Laurel reached out. She thinks somebody is killing firemen." He told them before tossing John a towel. "I'm surprised she contacted." "She contacted both of us." Jayden remarked looking over to Oliver who frowned.

"There's someone out there killing firefighters, that someone killed her best friend's brother." The young Lance sibling placed a file at the desk for the duo to look at. "Well I have a friend who has a friend in the fire investigations department." John spoke up as Jayden was grabbing a couple of tools and packing them into his small bag.

"That's a start, whatever you find, tip it off to the police." He said before replacing the web cartridges on his wrist. "What? Why?" John asked. "Cause one they need something to jump start an investigation, and two I'll be busy."

"You've been looking into Connor's disappearance for about 6 weeks now Jay, what's stopping you from tackling this too?" John pressed Jayden who paused in his preparations and took a short breath.

"I owe it to his family to at least find something. He was doing things to make the world a better place and even if it's a small chance he's alive I've got to find him." The young hero grabbed his small bag and left the hideout.

Queen Consolidated Science Division

Jayden entered the building he had acquired a job offer from and taking it all in once again. His thoughts kept revolving around the idea of being able to work with Dr. Connors and create things to help change the world.

After exiting the elevator he wandered a couple of hallways before his eyes locked with the person he wanted to meet with. "You know you'd think after 5 years you would've put on a couple of pounds." Jayden joked before a young man around his age with short scraggly hair with glasses and a slender build turned around and smiled, allowing Jayden to get a look at his name tag which read "Peter Parker".

"And you know for a person whose been back for a while you make it to get in contact with ya." The young man retorted as the two met in the middle and shared an embrace. "It's good to see ya Pete." "Same to you Jay."