Day 2 (14/02/2022) Valentine's Day

TASK 2: EVERY MEMBER MUST TELL HER PARTNER THAT SHE WISHES TO BE HIS VAL NEXT YEAR

The nine girls have a meeting to discuss when and how the tasks will be done and they also agree on punishments.

Martha's POV
I left the hostel that evening with my friends because I was nervous and didn't want to be alone. As we walked out of the dorm, I wasn't sure if any of us would carry out our task. As we were walking around the school looking for the boys, we saw Daniel but Benedicta was too shy to apprjjoach him. Seeing her act that way made my nerves worse but I made sure none of my friends noticed. I couldn't find Johnpaul but we found Stephen, his roommate and Divine's partner.

"Stephen" I said, calling him out from the circle of girls around him.

"I'm nervous. I don't think I can do this" I whispered to  Jennifer

"Be calm" she said.

"Yeah. Who called me?" Stephen asked.

"I did. I called you" I replied, fidgeting with my fingers.

"So, what do you want?" he asked.

"Can you please call Johnpaul?"

"Why?" he asked suspiciously. I expected him to be suspicious because this is out of character for me. I didn't reply his question.

"Fine. I'll go" he said once he figured out that I wasn't about to talk anytime soon.

"Guys, I'm fucking scared" I said to Jennifer and Benedicta once he was out of hearing range.

"You'll be fine" Benedicta said. "Just ask the question"

"I don't even know how to call Greatman" added Vanessa.

A few minutes later, Johnpaul came out of his dorm with Stephen and I started feeling extremely awkward.

"Who called me?" Johnpaul asked as he approached us.

"Martha did" Jennifer said and I hit her by the side.

"No, they did" I said quickly. Too quickly.

"Just talk" Jennifer mouthed to me.

"How are you?" Benedicta asked Johnpaul as she and the other girls tried to start a conversation.

"I'm fine" he replied awkwardly.

"Our friend, Martha wants to talk to you" Jennifer said with a foolish grin on her face.

"OK" he said, drawing out the o longer than necessary.

We moved away from the other girls and I kept telling myself not to act weird.

"Sure" he said and that's when I realised that I said it out loud. Well I didn't want to confuse him any further so I went with it.

"I really wanted you to be my val this year but I'm pretty sure you've already been asked. That's why I'm asking against next year. Will you be my val?"

"I wish I could but I'm with Natasha permanently" he said.

I already expected him to say no but for some reason I couldn't identify, it hurt me to get rejected.

"Will you?" I asked again.

"I don't know" he said.

"I'm sure you want to say no but you're trying to be considerate"

"I do not. Let me rephrase my words"

"Just say no. I know you want to "

"Actually, I won't say no" he said.