Chapter 2

THIS WHOLE BOOK IS NOT GONNA BE EDITED UNTILL I AM DONE. THEN I WILL ADD DETAILS AND FIX ALL ERROS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The weekend was tough. mr.Garret was in my head. ''Hey."Chance said as i walked into the school. "Hey babe.'' I leaned up and kissed him. ''Didn't see you over the weeked?'' he intertwined our fingers. "Yea i had a few things on my mind." i slightly smile. "Oh if you need anything, i am here." we got to my locker. "i know i just fe-'' ''Hey man, coach Martinez has the score up." a guy came by. "i have to go babe. Love you.'' he pulled me in kissing me. i kissed him back and he rushed down the hall. i sighed and opened my locker.

I took my time this morning and was the last to walk into class. so of course, the only spot to sit was in the way back with the guys.Me and Mr.Garret's eyes caught each other but i looked away and burried my head in my books.

"Ah ah ah, laela, you have a detention for sleeping." mr.Garret called as i tried to run out when the bell rung. i groaned but kept going...

it was 4th and i was early, first person early. i sat in the back again and kept my head down. i heard footsteps and they got louder. the i looked up and there he was. 'why come you've been advoiding me?" he had his arms crossed. ''We kissed and it was wrong." I whispered scared. what if someone walked in. ''No, i kissed you. i was tipsy and it was wrong on my part. i am sorry i kissed you and if you let me make it up, i'ill get you ice cream after school." He sinerly said. ".....but it wasn't just a kiss." i turned to the side. No, i can not be telling my teacher my feelings for him. ''What do you mean, it wasn't just a kiss?" he asked serious and got on one knee in front of me. "Nothing, jarrod. I'ill take the ice cream." i laughed. his face stayed stern for a second but it softened. he got up and smiled. "Okay.'' Then students came in. he greeted them and the bell rung. there is only like 7 people in this class. Then there was a big knock. Mr.Garret stoed and went to the door. He opened it and Chance popped in. "Laela i did it!" he yelled and the whole class looked around awkwardly. Mr.Garret frowned. ''Chance..." He said. "i need to borrow Laela for a quick second." He said urgently. i got up and mr.Garret sighed. ''Few minutes, you are disrupting my class." i walked out with Chance. i cracked the door and looked up at him. "i made it in! I made into Yale!" he excitedly said and pulled me into a bone crucshing hug. "Chance!" I said hooking my arms around his neck holding tightly. his hands helld me and my feet dangled. ''i did it! i did it!" he murmered into my ear. i leaned back and kissed him. "i knew you would!" i said and he stood me back on the ground. ''I met with the Yale guy and he said, if i keep up in my academics and football, i can get a full scholarship!" He intertwined our hands. "Now we have to get you in." He added. "I can't get into Yale. Even if i do, i won't have enough for it." i shook my head. ''Babe, i told i would tutor you in math. That's the only grade you need help in." He pulled me in. "Hey time to come back in." Mr.Garret came in. "I'ill text you later.'' our hands retreated. "kay, love you." He called. i walked back in and sat in my seat. a soft smile went on my lips, i was actually happy for him!

The last bell rung and i got up. "You still have a detention today.'' Mr.Garret called out. "What!" i asked turning. Everyone else piled out but few. ''i never said you didn't have one.' He laughed. "Mr.Garret, i have to celebrate something tonight." i made plans with chance forgetting the detention. "ew, sounds gross." i heard Amanda said. Oh no. "That's too bad." He said sitting back kicking his feet back. "I'ill be back." i sighed and went out. ''Hey,how are we gonna celebrate tonight?" Chance said picking me up swinging me. "ihave a detention, that's why i came out here to find you. We can celebrate tomorrow?" i sad as he looked hollow. "Don't you remeber our promise?" he said letting me land back on the ground. Then i thought, oh no. "That's if we both get into a college.'' Fear rose in me. ''You know you're going to get into one."He held onto my waist. "can we talk later tonight?" I asked. "i'mhanging with my boys now." He shrugged. ''Okay Chance." i shook my head and he just turned and walked away from me. "Chance." i quietly said as he angerly went down the hall. "Hey what time is your detention over?'' Brittney asked coming up i was still borthered by chance. "i'm not sure." i honetly said. "Well text me if you need a ride." she said hitting my shoulder lightly. "Alright." i smiled and walked back to the room. Amanda was there? "Mr.Garret, can you help me with today's homework." She asked at his desk. Her skirt seamed higher then it was this morning, i could see her underwear peaking from it. it was me and her. How the heck did this happened? "Uh sure." He said. She pulled a chair and shot me a dirty look. "can i got to the bathroom?" i said as Amanda's eyes glared harder. "Yea be back soon or i'ill add time to your detention." he called. i walked out and pulled my phone out. "Hello?" chance asked. "are you mad at me?" i asked sliding down the wall on my butt. "A little." He said sighing. "Why? "i asked dropping my head. "Because today is a good day for me and you're not even happy. do you even love me?" He asked a bit mad. My jaw dropped. "i am happy, i'm proud! i do love you!" i cried softly. "Okay baby then show me! We're gonna get you into yale, i love you too baby but god dammit we need to stop fighting." He said intense. Tears dripped from my eyes. "yea, i agree." i quietly said. "i love you, okay?' he softly said. "i love you too." i stood up off the ground. "Text me when you get out of detention, i'm at football practice.'' he calmly said. "Okay, i will." i wiped my eyes. "Okay, bye." He hung up. i wiped my eyes dry as i walked back into class. but it was awkward. i sat at the seat closest to the door.i slowly closed my eyes.