Chapter 1

There are many things that he both likes and dislikes about you, usually at the same time, usually at all times when he's around you.

And this constant state of contradiction puts his mind in a constant bind of whether he wants to enjoy a quiet evening with you cozy in his arms or indulge himself in your muffled screams as he strangles you.
He's rather conflicted most of the time.

You don't seem to notice, however, how infuriating you can get and how much of his self control it takes to not tear you apart every waking moment.

You can't possibly be oblivious, you just don't care. And that infuriates him. You go out of your way to throw witty comments at him, to tease him and to make sure he's frustrated with you by the end of the conversation, only to not even bat an eye after you've satisfied your need for mischief.

Although, you do this to everybody.

He hardly stands it when you talk to anyone else in the same playful witty manner that he adores so much.
Of course, he'd never let you know he feels this way, after all his part in the game is to seem annoyed and done with you for life. That's when you seem most pleased.

So naturally, when it comes to you displaying your best qualities in front of everybody without as much as a second thought, he feels he needs to take matters into his own hands and put a stop to it.

Nearly everybody gets excited to see you, knowing you will stop to chat them up for a bit, faintly flirt if you feel like it, their heart rates increasing like a kid's when they see candy. That alone pisses him off to no end.

Although it isn't like he's worried about the competition, he knows you're all tease and simply enjoy the attention, or maybe even genuinely enjoy chatting people up left and right, but still, he can't have his valued entertainer entertain everyone around him.

Besides, you aren't dumb, you must know the effect you have on people. He's heard you brag about using it to your advantage once in a mission before, when he definitely wasn't eavesdropping on your conversation.

So are you doing it just to piss him off or are you some sadist who likes to play with people's feelings? Ah, maybe not, that's his part to play. Yours is to be dangerously oblivious to his ill thoughts and intentions.

He often wonders if you're catching up to it. You aren't one to trust others easily, but you are so overconfident and arrogant that you think other people can't even phathom about doing something evil to you. You do not believe they would be able to do pull something like that off. And for the most part, you are right.

And by God, you need to learn your place.
Your offensive and irritating behaviour towards him is what he likes the most, but his real entertainment comes when he thinks about all the ways he could wipe that smug look off of your pretty face.

Ah, how you don't even realise that your stupid witty mouth is godsends fuel for more and more creative ideas.

If only you knew what he was thinking, not only would you tear him apart, you would never display that attitude in front of anyone, ever.

But again, he will not act on his sadistic desires, and won't tell you all about them either, since he is a gentleman.

So as the true gentleman he is, he just quietly and eagerly waits for you to mess up. It doesn't have to be something too big, just enough to get him to convince you that his behaviour would be appropriate for the situation, without having you think any less of him.
Just enough to manipulate you into believing that you deserved what you got and that he wasn't totally out of line, after all, you have messed up. Like a true gentleman.

And knowing how reckless you are, he wouldn't have to wait long. You were one skilled and strong hunter, and while your overconfidence was sure to get irritating sometimes (not like he didn't totally love it), you have never once returned empty handed.

That was probably one of the reasons for which you always carried yourself with such pride, pride that he wanted to strip off of you.
Regardless, he aknowledged that you had the upper hand due to your craftiness. Nothing would get in the way of your victory, you would go through all means to ensure it.

And that's where you messed up.

Since you striked for a 100% success rate and had a terrible habit of refusing to ask for help, you were sure to cook up a terribly dangerous plan that you would, undoubtedly, pull off, yet it would give him the prefect opportunity for a reprimand, or even better, a punishment.

And as thought, you delivered, however this time you truly outdid yourself. He couldn't help but actually feel mad and worried for real, making his awaited reprimand a distant dream, an afterthought.

Only for a second, though.

A/N

your name will be Ray because i decided so and you have no choice in the matter.