Chapter 9

LI-NA'S POV

Three.

Two.

One.

Ping.

The clock struck 11am, the shower in my bathroom turning off at the same time.

For the last three days, I'd been -not so subtly- followed by bodyguards everywhere I went outside of the house.

Every class I went to, they'd stand in the back of the room.

Whenever I went to the school bathroom, they'd stand outside.

If I wanted to go out for lunch with Lisa, or even Jungkook, they'd follow and sit at the table opposite us.

As a result, I hadn't seen Kai in ages. Every time we crossed paths, the guards would swarm around me like bees.

It was obvious that this was Yoongi's doing. Our parents seemed almost oblivious to the over-excessive amount of protection I had around me all of a sudden.

Despite everything, Yoongi had ignored me since we argued, and it made my insides churn with guilt and sadness.

Although he was in the wrong for starting an argument with me, he was still my brother, blood related or not.

My bathroom door clicked open and the pale boy previously occupying my thoughts emerged from it, fully dressed and wet hair dripping onto my carpet.

He took one glance at me and went out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Okay. Rude.

At least I let him use my shower since he broke his own.

Well, technically he went in before I woke up, but still.

I gathered my bath items, disappearing into the bathroom, and then grimacing at the mess he'd made.

"Gosh," I muttered under my breath. "Are all boys so messy?"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Good morning, beautiful," Mom smiled, passing me a glass of water as I sat down at the table for breakfast.

"Good morning, Eomma," I answered, picking up my chopsticks and starting to eat the food in front of me.

Yoongi stalked past, his grumpy demeanor making our mother frown at him.

"Yoongi, are you not going to eat?"

"No," he replied. "I'm going to work,"

I felt bad. Like, extremely bad.

"Oppa-" I started, but he'd already walked out of the door.

Wasn't he being a bit too dramatic?

"Li-na?" Mom questioned. "Is there something going in with you and Yoongi?"

"Mom," I said quietly. "I did something that he didn't like, and we fought because of it. Now, he won't speak to me. What do I do?"

She chuckled. "Oh, sweetheart, don't worry. Your brother is just being overreactive, and he's like that because he wanted to protect you. He'll come round eventually,"

"I hope so," I mumbled.

"Anyway, what's the plan for today? Anything fun you doing with your friends?"

"Yes, actually. I'm going out with Kook and Lisa,"

"Oh, that sounds nice," she smiled. "What are you guys going to do?"

"Well, I think we're going shopping, and then somewhere to eat, but I might ditch halfway through so I'm not third wheeling,"

"Aigoo, you kids are really something. But I think Jungkookie should just date Lisa already,"

"He's got no idea about her feelings," I sighed. "I swear, he feels the same about her but doesn't even know she likes him-"

"Li!"

Jungkook came in with a big smile, holding both sides of his backpack like a little kid.

"Hey, Kookie," I said as he bowed to my mom.

"Hello, Aunt Kim. Hi, Li-na. Where's Lisa? Is she not here yet?"

"She should be here soon. I heard she stayed with Jin, so-"

"I'm here!"

The girl we were just speaking about bounced in, hugging me and Mom and sending Jungkook a shy, forced wave.

"Hey, Lisa!" He said enthusiastically.

"Hey, Jungkook," she smiled back, her cheeks dusting light pink at his drool-worthy grin.

He shifted his gaze to the floor shyly, biting back a big smile and red blush.

"See what I mean?" I whispered to my mom.

"Poor you," she shook her head.

"Should we go?" Jin walked in, dangling his car keys.

"You're coming?" I said in surprise.

"Uh huh. I thought you might need a partner,"

"Thoughtful, as usual, Seokjinnie," I smiled. "You can serve as my date today, I guess,"

He laughed, dramatically putting his arm out for me. "Should we go, my lady?"

"Wait!" Lisa cried out as the four of us went to the car. "If you two are partnered up, what about us two? It's only a double date if there's a couple to begin with!"

"Well, you two can be the couple then," I winked. "Obviously, Jin is too old to be my boyfriend,"

"Yah! What has Jungkook being teaching you? I'm not that old-"

"Sure, sure," I giggled.

Meanwhile Jungkook and Lisa were stood staring at eachother like children in nursery who proposed to one another.

Jin sat himself in the driver's seat while I graced the passenger side, letting the two lovebirds be together in the back of the car.

We set off as Lisa whined for the radio to be turned up high, laughing and joking happily.

---------------

Short chapter today, srry :)

Happy reading!