Part 3

Liberal arts

I walk through the corridors littered with boxes and people, carrying my own load, boxes half open, clothes hanging out almost onto the floor and my portfolio sliding through my fingers.

I turn my attention up towards the corridor when I see Dalton's dad walking towards me, rubbing his face with slightly red eyes. He pulls his hands away and forces a smile when he notices me ahead of him.

"Danny, hi."

"Hi Mr Lambert. Dalton here already?" I ask.

"Yea, he's in his room 365, I'm just headed out. I'll see you around." He rushes past me darting through the hoard of freshers, I wonder why he's in such a rush to leave.

I keep walking towards my room until it clicks, room 365. My room number, Daltons room number.

365 suddenly appears in front of me, the door slightly open.

I take a breath before pushing the door open to see Dalton pacing, playing with his cap. Rough goodbye with his dad, I guess.

Turns out I made more noise than I intended to pushing through the door, causing Dalton to turn around startled.

"Danny?" He asks. I flash a smile before turning to dump my stuff on the empty bed.

"Dalton hey." I turn my head away from him to hide my flustered face, partly because of the weight I've been carrying up 7 flights of stairs and partly because of, well, Dalton. Let's just say he definitely suits that backwards cap and flannel look.

I turn back around after a few moments of silence to see Dalton stood with a blank look on his face.

"Something wrong?" I ask, dropping my sketchbook onto the desk.

"Yeah, sorry. I knew I was rooming with a Danny, but I just figured you'd be, you know, a guy."

"Oh. Well it's a liberal art school, I guess that's not really their biggest concern." I reply.

"Yeah, probably just got confused by the name Danny."

"Right. Because that would never happen with a name like Dalton." I raise my eyebrows as a smile makes its way onto Dalton's face.

"Well I can uh, go down to the housing office and get this sorted out."

"Oh don't worry I'll go, you're more settled in than I am anyway I can just get a new room and go." Dalton gives me a small nod before I walk out of the room heading down to the housing office.

Now I just have to find where the hell it is.

A/N

Damn the Lamberts are stresseddd

Danny's really living out my dreams of knowing both Ty Simpkins and Patrick Wilson