"People Are Gonna Look At You Like You're Crazy"

"Students, as we roll up onto the last week of the 2015 school year, we still can't forget to show school spirit. Not only does that include the dress code, but that also means following school procedures..."

Oh how I love Mondays. It's not that hearing Mr. O' Connell go over the dress code and procedures everyday is fun, but I get to get over the weekend. That's another thing, I hate weekends. Unless I have camp, I basically spend the weekend with my family and don't get me wrong, I love them to pieces, but they're... very judgmental, for say.

**Flashback**
*One Month Ago*

I'm so nervous. I can't stop shaking.
I'm at a meeting at my soon to be High School with my parents. We're basically getting a lowdown on what next year is gonna be like being part of an academy. I'm not looking forward to starting Cypress High School next year. I'm pretty much gonna be alone all year. Tal tried to apply for an academy, anything to get to go to the big H.S. with me, but she didn't make it in. Alex is the only one out of the gang going with me to High School. Which I'm not complaining - Alex is the best best friend I could've asked for. But no Tal, no Rachel, no Gabby, no Nurse Kris, and no Captain America and quite frankly that scares the hell out of me...

I was starting to get sweaty palms. My stomach dropped and my breath started going ragged. I felt my hand start tapping wildly and both my legs were bouncing at a super fast tempo. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes.
Oh no, not now. Please God, not now.

I was on the verge of a crazy bad panic attack when I felt my dad put a hand on my shoulder. At first I was thankful, because I started to feel slightly calmer. But when I kept bouncing my leg, and I kept tapping my fingers to some unknown rhythm, he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Stop doing that you're making me nervous just looking at you..."

"Haha, I feel like I need to take a Dramamine watching you." Was my mom's oh so funny response.

I, in a heap of nerves and embarrassment could only come up with one super lame answer -

"I... I can't..."

"Oh. My. God. People are gonna look at you like you're crazy, stop it Sarah that's not normal."

"I told you Dad, I can't. This isn't funny..."

"That's not what other people think. You need to calm down Sarah."

"What I need, is to go back to school..." I thought. "This year is gonna be horrible..."

**End Of Flashback**

"Okay, copy down the homework and then get started on the notes that are on the overhead."

Everyday is routine in pretty much all of my classes. But honestly, I kind of liked it. It's comforting I guess to know what's gonna happen next.

So when I pulled out my notebook and looked at the notes Mrs. Stone had written for us, I was shocked to see what was written in bright magenta marker,

"No notes, free period for the remainder of the 2015 school year."

Yes! I. Hate. Math. It's so ridiculous all the crap they're trying to jam into our brains that we'll never even need.

I looked on my desk to find a note folded neatly with a small '@' drawn on the top right corner. Classic Alex logo.

"Y didn't u tel me about the panitacks U had last week?"

The gang calls panic attacks 'panitacks' because well, let's face it, there's nothing fun about saying panic attack. It's just depressing. Panitack kind of sounds like you're saying pancake and who can be sad saying pancakes?

Anyways, Saturday band practice at my place was canceled due to a major thunder storm that left me curled up under a bunch of blankets. We had to reschedule it for today, so I never got to tell them like I planned.

"Was gona tel U Sat. Sowwy Lex :("

"We care about u, u know. It worried me. U ok?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry U guys. Coolatas after school just U and me before practice. My treat."

"Yasssss okk I forgive u. But u have to promise me you'll tell me asap next time, ok? And then you'll let me buy u a donut today :)"

"Lol I promise. And fine but I'm still buying U a Coolata. Thnx Lex. Luv u <3"

"Luv u too, Sar Bear <3"

Just then the bell rang and it was time for band class with the gang.

Alex took my Bass in one hand, and mine in the other.

"OW!" We both yelped. It was like we were both shocked at the touch of each other. We both turned red and gave a nervous laugh. He took my hand, this time with no shock, and kept walking.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL, ROLLING IN THE DEEP.
YOU HAD MY HEART INSIDE OF YOUR HAND, AND YOU PLAYED IT TO THE BEAT..."

I love band with the gang. I was on my bass, Alex was on the drums, Gabby was on the electric, Tal was on the key board, and we were all singing, but Ray was lead.

The band room is a really big room, huge even. But when period two rock band starts, Mr. Kiery puts the dividers down. Five people per band. There are five bands, three practice in the band room and two practice in the chorus room.

Our band, Grains Of Sand, has been together since fifth grade. We go by the saying "for the love of music", because music is our Best Friend as a band.

"One day you guys are gonna be big, and Sarah will have trimmed her split ends." Was Mr. Kiery's remark as we closed the song up - my split end are horrible to be honest. They're so noticeable it's scary.

Mr. Kiery and the Cap. were listening to us practice like they do all the time - second period is the Cap.'s planning / free period - and were giving us pointers on our performance.

"Ha. Ha. So funny I'm running out of air." I replied sarcastically, leaving everyone laughing hysterically.

"Okay okay, I wanna play the theme song." Gabby announced in a fit of hyper energy.

The theme song is what we call the gang's song. 'Umbrella'. It's not our all time favorite, but it's the one that describes what we are to each other.
So all the songs we sing are the punk remake of the original, we play them different, we are different. That song is us in almost every way.

"On my count!" Alex let out in excitement.

"One, two, three, four!"

"You had my heart, we'll never be a world apart.."

I played along until it was time for my singing solo,

"YOU CAN RUN INTO MY ARMS,
THAT'S OKAY DON'T BE ALARMED,
COME INTO ME.
THERE'S NO DISTANCE IN BETWEEN OUR LOVE,
SO GO ON AND LET THE RAIN POUR,
I'll BE ALL YOU NEED AND MORE...

BECAUSE,
WHEN THE SUN SHINES,
WE'LL SHINE TOGETHER.
TOLD YOU I'D BE HERE FOREVER,
SAID I'LL ALWAYS BE YOUR FRIEND
TOOK AN OATH IMMA STICK IT OUT TILL THE END

NOW IT'S RAINING MORE THAN EVER,
KNOW THAT WE'LL STILL HAVE EACH OTHER,
YOU CAN STAND UNDER MY UMBRELLA.

ELLA ELLA EH EH EH
UNDER MY UMBRELLA
ELLA ELLA EH EH EHHHH..."

I looked around and everyone was smiling, that's when I felt my own smile. I wanted this feeling to last forever, I didn't want to remember that in reality, it was to be over in less than a week. We all didn't. So we just. Kept. Singing. Putting everything we had into the music. So that maybe just maybe, we could get a high strong enough to last us until the afternoon...