1 | THE LAST GREAT AMERICAN DYNASTY

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐈𝐅 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐄.

[ 1

[ 1.01 ]

𝐒𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡. From the long winding road just to get onto the property, passing perfectly laid out trees and greenery, then a massive gate that opened after security clearance, leading up to another long path of perfectly laid stones up to what was the biggest mansion she had ever seen, she was struck speechless.

Her uber pulled through the parking circle before the house around a large fountain with tall jets. Her pale pink heels clicked on the stones as she stepped out of the car. Her chocolate tresses blew lightly in the afternoon Atlanta breeze, brushing against the small of her back. Matching chocolate eyes stared wide-eyed at the large stairway she would have to climb before even reaching the front doors, which had to be at least ten-feet tall.

Everyone knew of the Carrington family. Their business was quite literally power. Carrington Atlantic was one of the country's biggest energy suppliers, from oil to electricity. Blake Carrington was one of the wealthiest men in America. And he was her aunt's boyfriend.

Sofia had never met Blake Carrington herself, so she was a bit surprised when he had personally emailed asking for her to visit the manor to meet him officially. When she had asked her aunt about the offer, she agreed that she should drop by the manor that evening after class to meet him.

Sofia was always an academic, excelling in school with straight As and advanced-level classes since primary school. Part of it was because she had expectations placed on her. She didn't just want to excel, she needed to.

Thankfully, when she was accepted into Georgia State University, she left her family in Venezuela and joined her aunt in the states, moving in with her the day after her graduation. She felt guilty leaving her brother behind, but he was tough and grown by her two years. Sammy Jo could get himself out of any pickle, big or small, sour or dill. Now at age twenty-two, she was the youngest in her graduate program. She had completed her English bachelor's degree a year early, and she would finish her program in the spring.

Her aunt, Cristal, had begun working at Carrington Atlantic a few years ago and quickly rose through the ranks, now sitting on the executive board for the company. Most would say she slept her way through the ranks, but Sofia knew her aunt was an incredibly hard worker. Perhaps catching the boss's eye gave her an advantage, but she was just as capable as anyone to handle such a role.