chapter four

ah whoops

i just realized i havent updated for a month

anyways hope ur ready to read about bose and chapa catching a body!

...

oh yeah, major tw for murder and mentions of suicide this chapter!! maybe dont read if these things trigger you? just a thought.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Bose sat on the concrete and stared at his phone. He had texted the girl who had held the party about an hour ago asking for permission to swing by, and was puzzled trying to decipher her answer. Every party ended in some sort of disaster, so Bose figured he'd pop in, help clean for a bit, before vanishing. He had sent a text proposing the idea to the party host, and all she had sent in return?

"Doormat 👍"

What the hell did that mean?

Bose felt his few braincells fizzing out as he tried to decipher what it could mean, until Chapa peaked over his shoulder, reading the text.

"Dude," Chapa paused, considering what the text could've meant, "That probably means the key is under the doormat,"

"Oh..!" Bose could feel the gears turning in his mind, before they suddenly crashed to a stop, "Wait does that mean the front or the back-"

She hummed, "Won't her parents see us if we go through the front?"

He shook his head "They're visiting Grandma for the weekend. She skips even when she's not hungover,"

Chapa rolled her eyes, "Ah, who cares-" She promptly pulled what seemed to be an unraveled paper clip from her pocket, and jammed it into the lock, wriggling it around, "Pass me your school ID, will you?"

Bose quickly pulled it out of his wallet, and handed it to her, "What for?"

"Forgot mine", she swiped it in between the door, wriggled the paper clip a few more times, and pushed the door open. She gestured for him to enter, "After you,"

"...How did you do that?" Bose unintentionally tilted his head, a mixture of confused and concerned.

When he didn't enter straight away, Chapa shrugged and walked in first, "I'll teach you later,"

"Why do you know how to do that?" he questioned as he followed after her.

"Don't worry about it,"

Bose was a bit worried about it.

He headed first for the living room, looking over his shoulder and realizing Chapa wasn't actually with him. He turned, and saw her heading for the kitchen. He quickly jogged up behind her, "It's actually not as bad as I thought, surprisingly enough,"

Chapa smiled, "So we can go?"

"No I... still feel bad," Bose said as he shook his head.

"Alright fine," Chapa groaned, "Why don't you make her a hangover cure or something?"

Bose searched through the cabinets, aiming to find a cup "Do you know how? I'm not really sure?"

"Not a drinker?" Chapa grabbed a white mug, and tossed it to him.

"I'm lightweight"

She snickered, playfully punching him in the shoulder, "Sucker,"

He frowned, "How do I make a hangover cure,"

Chapa clicked her tongue, and grabbed something from under the sink, "Personally, I start with anti-rust fluid,"

"Don't be a jerk," Bose laughed as he took it from her, "That'll kill her,"