Author's Note

Welcome to one of my entries for ONC 2024! This book is predominantly drawn from the following prompts:

(Main Prompt) 9. After some long months of working harder than ever, you finally get to your well deserved vacation getaway but when you arrive at the hotel there is this one star that brings all the paparazzi and trouble with them and makes your vacation one to remember.

8. You start singing along to a movie soundtrack late at night forgetting that your window is open. Someone from the outside starts singing with you.

33. A broken heart beats with all its pieces. And it still wants the same person.

◦✭◦

Author's Note & Copyright Info:

This is my first year committing to ONC. And, me being me, I love to pile a bunch of work on myself all at once, so this is actually my second entry for the contest! Feel free to check out my other entry if you'd like—it's definitely an entirely different vibe!

In case it's not obvious, this book, including its plot and all of its characters, are mine! I only write on Wattpad, so if you see it floating around on another site... That's not me. I'd appreciate it if you let me know if that's the case.

Blurb:

Nikolas Hoffman just wants to lay low. After coming out as transgender in high school, he made a vow to draw as little attention to himself as possible, diving headfirst into his work as a copy editor as soon as he graduated college. Now, Nikolas has finally decided to give himself a much-needed vacation to a small beach-side town in upstate California. However, everything takes a turn when an all-too-familiar face shows up at his hotel. 

Axel Reed is the well-known guitar player and lead singer of The Kissing Teeth - and just so happens to be Nikolas' ex-friend. Much to the latter's dismay, Axel has a nasty habit of drawing crowds of paparazzi everywhere he goes and is always down for a little mischief.

It's safe to say that Nikolas' vacation just got interesting.

Some Things to Expect:

—BxB romance

—a transgender main character (plus other lgbtq+ characters)

—frenemies

—music (I mean, duh, you can't have a guitarist character without it)

—occasional cursing, mature language

—occasional alcohol, substance use (no characters are underage)

—occasional descriptions of dysphoria, transphobia

Is that all? I believe so!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll consider sticking around to see where this story goes!