Chapter 26.1 - Deja Vu

MARK

Vee's words still echoed in my head even though more than a week had passed. That sad expression and those pain-filled eyes kept floating in my mind even though I tried to push them away. Among other things, the owner of the voice, even if I tried to forget him, still lived in my heart.

Over the past few days, his sweet pleading seemed to have completely stopped, making me feel restless and unsure of what to do.

That day he found me with Nok, I was shocked and didn't know what to say. I had followed the advice of many people, continued to ignore him for another half month, but my desire for him had not diminished at all.

He had made me suffer so much that I couldn't resist the desire to repay him for all the harm I had received.

"Are you going to sit here and be distracted long, sir?" Fuse greeted me.

"Huh? Which sir?" I asked him.

"I'm so tired of the atmosphere around you. In the past you were already apathetic, but now you are even worse. It's like you live in your own dark world." Fuse continued.

"Well, if that's how you feel when you're with me, then don't be." I replied and returned my attention to what I was studying.

"You pretend you're not worried because he never came and you just sit here and wait." Kam said as he sat down.

"Wait?" I asked.

"You're waiting for P'Vee, right?" Fuse sat on the other side and grabbed my shoulder. I looked at him before walking away.

Who said I'm waiting for him...

I was just surprised I hadn't seen it up close recently. It had all started the day he came to visit me, since then we had only seen each other briefly on campus, but that person who constantly annoyed me had no longer come to visit me.

"I am fine." I answered him like that, even though my stupid eyes were still looking at the door.

"You sulk at your husband all the time. If I had listened to him just a little, he wouldn't have gone like this." Kam said, clearly fed up with me.

"What husband?" I turned quickly to answer.

"You know I'm talking about P'Vee... or maybe you're the husband?" he asked, but I rolled my eyes.

Why did they have to talk about things in the past? Why did every thought always have to lead to him? During that time, there had been people who had approached me, but none of them looked like Vee. I talked to them to try to forget, as I myself had told Vee to do to forget Ploy. In the end, no matter how many people I talked to, they didn't make me forget who I loved. It wasn't strange that he couldn't forget Ploy even though he was talking to me. Meeting other people hadn't helped him forget it at all. If I had to hug someone, I wouldn't forget it. If I had to look at someone else's face, his would have appeared before my eyes. If he had asked me to come back immediately, I didn't know what I would have said.

All I wanted was for him to try one more time, just a little, but now he was gone after just a couple of weeks.

"He's in his third year, so he has to study hard." Fuse said, turning to me. I pretended to be busy with something else.

"He is no longer interested, before he was looking for our friend, but now he studies and goes home."

"How do you know it?"

"Oh! P'Dew's page of course."

"Everyone knows the story well..." I turned to my friends.

"Yes, Vee's story is known to everyone." I turned my head because it was useless to listen to gossip, it was useless to talk, just like today, waiting was useless.