✩ oh my baby, oh why?

A/N:

relatively long chapter but this one was kinda hard to write because it was really difficult to tackle the whole scenario and the emotions in them😢😢 and its pretty sad thing to write about but i hope it came out well!!!! #4Kreads

June 2002

There was a strange feeling in the control room of their studio, within the band even, that Valia Mick was traveling into a mist of dawn and strangled to get herself out of it.

As the band watched the bassist, for the fourth time——the growling of her bass coming to a sloppy halt, and Val sighs from the other side, scratching her forehead in frustration.

Noel pursed his lips, pressing on the button as he spoke into the microphone. "We'll do another take. From the top again."

"I need a break."

The boys glanced at each other, she has had a number of breaks in the time span of an hour. Liam taps on his cigarette, letting the ashes flicker down to the ashtray. "Maybe the ring is adding to much weight. I say ye take it off."

Whitey snorted at the sorry of an excuse, and the younger Gallagher flashed the girl a proud smirk.

"Shut the fuck up." She groaned, glaring at him from across the room, a glass separating them. Valia slings her bass out, leaning them against the wall before dragging herself to join the rest of the boys.

Noel blinked at her rather warily. He turns to Gem and Whitey, who were sat together on the sofa. "Give us a min."

The guitarist raised an eyebrow at the older Gallagher, but decided against questioning his motives. The two of them lifted themselves up. "We'll get some coffee then."

Liam swung his head over to them with a request. "And get us some pastries or somethin'. I'm fucking starving."

"Fat ass." His brother scoffed, instantly receiving a series of punches from the frontman, and Noel pushes him off with a scorn. "Get off me or i'm kicking yer out as well."

This makes him think twice, no longer clanging his fists into Noel's arm. Val snickered when Liam surrenders with a raise of his hands, the bassist throws herself onto the sofa, settling with lying down. She licked her lips, achingly staring down at the engagement ring sat on her finger.

The boys quietly observed as she fiddled on it. It was clear that she was coping harshly with the sudden publicity around her engagement with Damon Albarn. It turns out there were photographs of them back when they were in Greece, seemingly radiating with their news——and the media caught sight of the diamond band that glistened against her skin. And it all spread like a wild fire. They didn't even have to say a word about it, because somehow, in a swift manner, the whole world knew that they were venturing into a new step in their relationship.