PROLOGUE

╭─〔❨✧✧❩〕─╮
P R O L O G U E
╰─〔❨✧✧❩〕─╯

"Director, the scholars has arrived."

‎‎

My hands has been shaking ever since I arrived here at Seoul. Masyado akong naninibago sa aura ng lugar na ito, ibang iba sa Daegu kahit parehas namang syudad. Maybe it is because most big companies are established here, and normal na may makasalubong kang artista o mayayaman na tao. I also lived in a provincial area of our city, lumaki ako sa isang maliit na residence kaya GRABE ang culture shock ko nang bumaba ako rito.

I am currently here at HYBE's building. The director offered scholarship programs, specifically for college programs. Actually, puro freshmen at in-coming college ang eligible mag-apply, but the principal endorsed me to the manager na responsible sa program na ito and they considered me to fulfill one of the slots. I don't think I am worthy of the chance dahil nagkataon lang talaga na nag-aaral ako sa isang community college na hindi gaano karami ang estudyante, and I happened to be the only achiever there. Isa pa, living far away from my family makes me anxious, but they convinced me to take the chance since it is very rare at tatlo lang ang maiisponsoran ng scholarship.

Not only the funds that comes with the scholarship, HYBE is pretty generous. They actually offered allowance until the end of the semester, funds for cram and review centers and school needs, dormitory and funds for basic needs, and A JOB SLOT FOR HYBE after graduating. Not surprised in a sense na it's a billionaire-earning company, but I am surprised to know that they are also catering students. Ang condition lang talaga dito ay i-maintain ang grades at grumaduate nang may mataas na grades, but if they are going to give this much, i-aim ko na ang maging summa cum laude.

"Great, great. Sit down!" a big man swirled around his chair to face us. I have seen his face in televisions and magazine. It is the chairperson of HYBE, Si-Hyuk! I thought na magiging intimidating siya, but looking at him smiling at us right now, parang tatay lang siya na nag-ampon ng mga aso. Umupo naman kaming tatlong scholars sa nakahandang upuan sa office niya.

"I am Si-hyuk, you can call me director or sir or whatever you are comfortable with," he started by introducing himself. "I already reviewed your documents, and I am impressed." then he nodded.

"We started creating this scholarship programs for students to prepare a job for them under HYBE. That's why we are looking for students studying specific programs such as fine arts, mass communication, multimedia, and cosmetology. Depends on your undergraduate degree, we are looking for graphic designers, social media manager, idol manager, and make-up artist and stylist." He took a sip from his mug while reviewing again our documents. "And with the company growing fast, it is hard to be strict and keep an eye on applicants. That's why we are starting to build trust here by aiming for students."

"I also need all of you to sign contract to keep the idols and company's confidentiality. The things and people you will see while you are under us should be only kept inside this company, alright? Especially, your dormatory will be in the exact buildings where some of our idols live. The reason for that is it is more convenient to the idols to be called here upon their schedule, and the university is close too. I am not forbidding you to have interactions with them, but as much as possible, refrain from talking to them in public. This is both for you and the idols' safety. My other conditions are written in the contract, read it properly, then sign it if you are ready to move to the dorms."

For a moment, you can see how strict he is with the company. I sighed before reading the rest of the contents of the contract.

This is it.

I am living here for a year.

After we signed the contracts, we were guided to ride on one of their vans with our baggages. Habang nasa byahe, hindi ako mapakali at hindi ko makapa kung ako ba ay naeexcite o natatakot sa biglaang bago ng buhay ko. But time passes by so fast, mag-aaral na lang ako ng mabuti.

"We are here."

Bumaba na kami ng van with the help of the staffs dahil sa mga gamit namin. I also just found out that we are going to live seperately in the buildings. Our rooms are randomly chosen at hindi magkakatabi. Akala ko pa naman ay may makakasama ako, pero we were given the reason of "being able" to focus on studying more if we are alone pati na rin para daw hindi kami magrent ng student spaces sa mga public libraries. There is also a huge gym and canteen in the building for open access for the idols living here and to us. I gave my farewell to the other scholars as I was guided towards my room.

"Here's the code to your room, and this is my contact number. Ring me if there's any problems and concerns." I learned that his name is Theo and he is in charged of caretaking this part of the building. From mainting the cleanliness, curfew, and regular monitoring. He was about to walk away when he turned around to face me. "And just a reminder, the group living next door is BTS. I know you heard of them, right?"

BTS?

"I already called them in and gave them a heads up that you will be living next to them. They are very cautious of strangers because of stalking issues in the past, so I recommend that... try not to interact with them. They are very kind, but they are somewhat hostile towards people they are not familiar with. You understand me?"

I just nodded my head. I am not a completely out of the loop to not know BTS. I have heard the group before, even some of my relatives are talking about them sometimes. Pero never kasi rin ako nagkaroon ng interest sa boy bands, I also kind of... hate them? It's hard to explain, but I stopped viewing idol-related news. I am not a total hater, but maybe, I am just bitter. So when I discovered that I will be studying under a company na nagmamanage ng idols, one of my decisions is hesitation. Pero uunahin ko pa ba ang irrational na nararamdaman ko kaysa sa oportunidad na maka-libre ng pag-aaral?

"Then I will get going--" Manager Theo was cut off by the sudden click of the door. Napatingin din ako sa katabing pinto ko at nanlaki ang mata ko nang makita kung sino ito. We locked eyes at napatingin siya sa akin nang matiim.

The reason...

The reason why I isolated myself from this world...

...is because of him.

"Is she the new neighbor?" he asked Theo. He stared at me, and I couldn't understand it. Does he remember me? Or not? Is he surprised to see me too or he just sees me as another nuisance?

Dali-dali kong binuksan ang pinto ng room ko at pumasok bago pa marinig ang usapan nila ng dorm caretaker. Sinarado ko agad ito at napaupo na lang sa sahig habang yakap ko ang maleta ko. Fate is playing with me too much.

Yoongi...
Why did you leave me again?

╭─〔❨✧✧❩〕─╮
END OF
P R O L O G U E
╰─〔❨✧✧❩〕─╯