02

ᥫ᭡ KIYOMI TRUE

ᥫ᭡ KIYOMI TRUE

ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

FEB TENTH 2024

Adapting to mother hood in her early twenties was something Kiyomi never imagined for herself. It was still hard to believe she had a little human developing inside her, often not believing it until her belly had more recently began to round out, no longer looking just bloated, but blatantly pregnant. Times like this, she wished she never packed up and left her family behind, knowing her father would probably be the most happy to finally have his first grandchild, but she also was glad things were turning out the way they were. Behind all the lonely nights she spent crying or sulking in her own pain, she knew once she welcomed her baby, everything would be worth it.

It took a decent amount of time for her to adjust, shamefully admitting she contemplated getting the abortion and just disappearing back home for a while. Each time she dialed to schedule the appointment, she thought about where she at in life and how bad would it actually be to have a little mini running around to fill her lonely void. Maybe she would stop looking for love in all the wrong places and becoming a full time mom didn't sound too bad. It's not like her relationship with her family was terrible for her to get help every once in a while, and the fact that she worked from home meant she wouldn't need that much help anyway. 

As weeks went by, Kiyomi realized she was never going to get that abortion and it was soon just going to be her and baby. Boy or girl, she didn't really care, she just hoped it was healthy. 

Now around the twelve to thirteen week mark, she was slowly becoming more and more comfortable with just embracing her situation. Kiyomi realized no one ever truly knew who she was on Semaj's side of the family besides one person and even then that person had moved out so she was probably just as clueless, but there was no reason for her to keep hiding something she should've been embracing from the start. Becoming a mother was something she had been ready for. She just planned it out a whole different way.