09

ᥫ᭡ KIYOMI TRUE

ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

MARCH THIRTEENTH 2024

"Kiyomi—"

"Come on,"

 Kiyomi gathered her bag, standing up and instructing Semaj to follow the lead of the medical assistant. "—hey momma bear," Christina had been the medical assistant that gets all her appointments started. Dark skinned, about five foot ten, natural curly hair that was always pushed out her face by a headband to match her scrubs. To be honest, Christina had been giving her a little unprofessional advice outside of her taking her vitals and doing the discharge process. When Kiyomi first started coming here, she was always puffy eyed and sniffling from the uncontrollable emotions and Christina was always there to let her know what life is and what it wasn't. She was just grateful for her. 

"Hey Christina," she gave her a genuine smile.

"We will get your weight and height out here as always and then blood pressure and temperature in the room to make it easier," she said and they begin doing just that. Kiyomi handed all her loose belongings to Semaj before kicking off her sneakers and stepping on the scale. She didn't bother to look down and Christina didn't bother to say it aloud, writing the numbers down and instructing her to turn around so she can take the height.