₀₂ ; 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐧

"ONCE the book was done and over with, the adults left the kids to go to sleep. However, Marnie convinced Lydia to go and spy on Aggie and Gwen's conversation.

"Wait, I'm a witch?" Marnie asks herself in shock.

"Witches are real?" Lydia sputters. "Awesome!"

"Shh!" Marnie shushes. "Let's go get dressed and follow her." She says, referring to her grandmother.

⋆ ≋ ° ˜ ✧

"And that's why I know that she is a witch. And so is mom, and so am I! Because they both said so." Marnie explains to Dylan. "So, what do you think?"

"I think it proves insanity is hereditary." He responds, unamused.

Lydia groans, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, come on, Dyl. You think we'd make this all up?" She asks desperately.

"... yes?"

She went to respond, but paused as she heard a noise outside the door.

The three kids decided to peak out the door and see what was happening. Aggie was walking on the sidewalk outside their house, her bag somehow following behind her.

Marnie shuts the door, turning to look at her brother.

"Uh, must be one of those radio controlled models." He waves it off.

"Oh, please." Lydia scoffs.

"She's leaving... she's going back to HalloweenTown!" Marnie gasps. "I gotta go after her." She rushes.

"Yes! I'll come to." Lydia exclaims.

"Go after her? Are you both crazy?" Dylan retorts. "Lyds, you aren't going anywhere!" He demands, worried for her safety.

"What are you? My dad?" She snorts, ignoring his concerns.

"I have to go! If she doesn't start my training as a witch tonight, I could lose my powers forever!" Marnie tells him frantically.

"You don't really believe all this witch stuff, do you?" He asks.

"Dylan, haven't you ever wondered about all the stuff that goes on in our house?" She pauses, looking at the boy.

"No." He replies blankly.

"What goes on in your house?" Lydia looks between the two, puzzled.

"Or why mom won't let us talk about, watch, or read anything that has the word magic in it?" Marnie continues, ignoring the girl.

"No."

"Haven't you ever wondered why we pretend Halloween doesn't exist? Or why I have Deja Vu all the time? Or why stuff seems to fall off the walls every time Sophie has a tantrum?" Marnie rants.

"No." Dylan repeats once again, Lydia rolling her eyes at the boy.

"Well, I have." Marnie states. "And now that I've found the truth, I'm not gonna stay here and turn all boring human like you!" Marnie huffs. "And I'm taking Lydia with me!"