Ch 1

Nico Pov

Song: The Adults Are Talking by The Strokes

NICO DI ANGELO BREAKS THROUGH THE FUCKINT G DOOR

___

At the time it happened, Nico didn't know what was going on.

He was sitting with Bianca and Hazel, playing with toy horses the Solaces had when shouting had filtered from the dining room to the living room where they sat.

Bianca, being the eldest, stood and peered around the arched door frame.

When she didn't turn back around, Nico and Hazel joined her, peeking out into the chaos. Their mother was scrambling on her hands and knees, looking for something, while Will's mother was screaming at her. She was frantically looking around too.

Will was sat there, seemingly unaware of what was going on around him. He sat at the dining table, the decorative tablecloth covering his lap with embroidered flowers. Nico could just barely see between the tablecloth and Nico's shorts, he had pocketed a little figurine, no doubt the same military mini-figures he was playing with at the table.

Nico looked up at Will's face, and they made eye contact, just for a moment, and Will flashed the brightest smile his 10-year-old self had ever seen, right before Nico's mother had whisked them away out of the house and into the car.

That was the last time Nico had stepped into the Solace's house

___

6 years later (*Spongebob voice*) woahhh

Nico's dream of a platypus wearing sunglasses, a Hawaiian shirt, and a brown fedora, sipping on a coconut drink while lounging in a hammock was cut short when his alarm clock went off. He was tempted to snooze it, but snoozing your alarm five times on the first day of school was not a good start to his probably shitty year.

It was almost 8AM anyway, and school started at 8:30AM.

He groaned, sitting up in his bed and letting out an earth-shaking yawn. He swung his legs off over the edge of his bed rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. The icy floor was a shock, sending chills down his spine. That certainly woke him up.

He jumps into a quick shower, his dark hair that was overdue for a trim pressed to his face and neck. He lathers himself in lavender-scented soap-his mom picked it out, not him-and after he rinsed it off, he was out of the shower and rushing to get changed

He threw on his favorite pair of jeans, skinny black pants with rips around his knees, and a simple black shirt with a skull. He slid his jacket on, grabbed his school bag, and made his way downstairs.

___

He ended up being late to class, not by a lot, but certainly not a good look for the start of the year. Hazel had insisted he drive her to school, which he would anyway, they go to the same school now so they could leave together.

However, she also insisted he walk her to her first class, causing him to run across the entire school (dodging the principal and security that roamed the halls after the bell)

He ducked behind a trashcan, making sure no teacher who glanced in the hallway saw him standing around while he checked his phone.

His schedule was in his bag, but he had also taken a picture of it and put it in his camera roll so he decided that beat digging through his bag

Room 205 was his first class. English. He hated English class. He didn't need to learn the different types of poetry every year or whatever the fuck an Oxford comma was.

Nico sighed, putting his phone in his back pocket, and started running again.

___

Pro tip: if you spill water, clean it up,

Nico had stepped into a huge puddle of water-no doubt left behind by the merry chaps that love to get to school early-lost his footing, and rammed into the door of classroom 205.

His teacher, Mr. Brunner, he assumed as it was written in huge letters on the whiteboard behind him, faltered from his introductory speech to stare in shock at Nico, like the rest of the class.

Nico nodded to Mr. Brunner, his face blooming in embarrassment, before looking frantically for a place to sit. The only spot was next to...

Oh.

Will Solace.

___

Nico groaned, slamming his head over and over into Leo Valzedez's shoulder.

"mi ucciderò, cazzo." He muttered under his breath.

"Hey Nico," Leo poked Nico's side, "We still don't understand Italian."

"Ugh," Nico complained.

"Hey think of it this way," Jason suggested while shoving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into Percy's mouth. "You could get to know him and figure out why he hates you, and then blackmail him for a large amount of money."

"You brilliant bastard!" Leo jumped onto the lunch table, pointing at Jason. A couple of people around them gave them weird looks, but most ignored Leo and his weird personality.

But he had to admit, that was smart. Nico guessed he would be okay pretending to like Will if it got him closer to figuring out why he hated him.

"Okay, I'll talk to him tomorrow." Nico sighed.

Jason took a proud bite of his lunch.

Notes: god not me venting about english i hate it </3

-B