Ch 4

Ch 4 - Let's Not Fall Apart Again

Song: Listerine by Dayglow

Nico pov

0o0o0

Nico walked up to his front door, pulling out his house key. He opened the door, and it creaked slightly, alerting his parents that he was home. He stepped inside, took off his shoes, and set his bag down. He walked into the living room where his parents were waiting.

"Nico," his father said sternly, he held a straight face.

"Sweetheart, where have you been? It's half past eight," his mom said, laced with concern.

"Sorry," Nico whispered, a little shaken, he hated confrontation. He completely forgot to tell his parents about going somewhere, especially staying so late. "I went to Percy's house, we both had some homework so we worked together on it," Nico explained. He didn't technically lie, they did have 'homework'.

"Next time you have to text us you're planning on going somewhere, we were worried sick! Even if your father doesn't look like it," she said with a slight smirk, Nico's dad only huffed at the comment. "We're both glad you're getting out a little more than the last few years, though. We're happy you've got the friends you do."

"Thanks, I guess," Nico said, "I'm gonna go up to my room," he started walking towards the stairs. His mom looked at him with a bit of concern as he started walking..

"Nico," his dad said, "did you get fed?" he said with a very straight face, which made the question hilarious to Nico.

"Yes, yes, they fed me," Nico said, holding back a giggle, a smile started to take over his face.

Hazel was sitting on the stairs, eavesdropping on the conversion. Nico made eye contact with her, and she ran back into her room.

Nico walked up to his room, he entered, and fell onto his bed. He tried to think back on his day a little, a habit he started doing a year prior, but all that came through his mind was a certain blond boy. He should probably text Will about not getting in trouble with his parents.

Will Solace

Nico (9:43pm)

Hi, I talked with my parents, and they believed me. I told them I was at Percy's. We should probably work on the project again sometime, we still have a lot to do, and finishing earlier rather than later would be preferred. I think we should work on the slides soon."

Will (9:44)

That's great! I have soccer from the end of school to 6, you could come over after that?

And I think my mom is onto me. She definitely saw past my excuse for not hearing her.

Nico (9:45)

Yeah that works out, I have an art workshop after school. You do seem like a soccer guy.

And that's not good, did you get in trouble?

Will (9:45)

Nope

How???? What do I look like??

Nico could feel his cheeks growing warm. Why the hell would he be blushing?

Nico (9:45)

Idk you just seem like the type

Will (9:46)

what type??

Nico (9:47)

I can't explain it but I guess it's just your vibe??

Nico smiled a little at Will's confusion, he really doesn't know why he looks like the type, but he did. Maybe it's the way he can carry himself so confidently like most of the sporty guys at their school. Maybe it's his muscles, Nico knows he has muscles because Will's shirts are always a little too tight, just enough to show a little definition. Wait, why is he thinking about this?

Will (9:48)

I guess you look like an art guy then?

Nico (9:48)

Thanks, I guess

Will (9:49)

NOO

IN A GOOD WAY

I MEAN IT IN A GOOD WAY

Nico smiled at Will's panic, it was funny to think of his reaction in person. He'd probably look like a startled puppy, he'd turn his whole body towards Nico and frantically move his hands around trying to explain. Again, why is he thinking about this?

Nico (9:50)

I appreciate it?

Will (9:51)

I don't know much about art people sorry if that seemed rude

Nico (9:51)

You're fine, I was mostly messing around. I mean usually art people are cool, but the people at the workshop can get a little snarky. Similar to people you might know, Mr. Soccer.

Will (9:52)

Hey! Soccer people are awesome! They're very stubborn people, yes, but they're nice!

Nico (9:52)

Sure..

They drone on...

Nico was starting to get tired, he didn't get too much sleep the night before. His eyes started to open and close. He didn't want to stop talking to Will, but he also didn't want to half pay attention to Will, he wanted to be fully awake when talking to him. He wanted to- God, Nico doesn't know why he keeps thinking so much when it comes to Will.

Nico (10:40)

I'm gonna head to bed soon. It was fun talking to you, have a nice night, Mr. Sports.

Will (10:40)

You too mr artist

Nico smiled at the response, he sat there for a minute staring at the conversation. He scrolled through it a little, then finally got up from his bed. He stretched a little then went to do his night-time things. He changed into his pajamas and got into bed, he started thinking back about his day again to help him fall asleep. Will showed up quite a bit, Nico smiled at the thought. He didn't know why. 

A/N:

ugh no ones reading this </3 

wtvr

-b