chapter 31

18+ chapter, skip if you like :)

Maya

I tear my eyes away from my laptop screen. It's been 4 strenuous hours since I've been monitoring the shares of ISRD Infotech aka Ira's parents' company.

Rumour has it that their shares are going down, and when I say down I mean down down. And I'm just waiting because I want the perfect moment to buy them at 50%, to really make it seem like a favor more than interest.

From all the years I've spent eavesdropping on what my dad used to talk about to his clients. I still remember how his eyes glimmered when I used to ask him about his fiance stuff. Oh and the look on his face when I told him that I wanted to go for construction? 

Epic. I audibly chuckled, but I still studied finance in memory of him. I wanted to carry his legacy forward but numbers aren't really my thing.

"What are you doing baby?" Rayan says as he walks into my cabin.

"Oh, just- nothing." I sheepishly smile and quickly shut the window on my laptop.

He looks at me suspiciously and raises his eyebrow, "No but why did you shut down your laptop so fast?" he smirks and walks towards me.

"Oh please, I was not-" I snap, "Whatever, well?" I say and get up from my seat, straightening my short pencil skirt that has riden up my thighs.

His eyes trailed up and down my body and he took a step toward me, "Well I can't even show up at your cabin now?" he said circling his hand around my waist, "I missed you sweetheart", and my breath hitched.

Fuck, the butterflies went wild in my stomach as he slowly started pushing me towards the wall of my cabin, and my back slammed against the wall.

He stared into my eyes, and I stared back, and god- his brown eyes were burning with an unreadable want, need.

I bit my lower lip as if I hadn't ever kissed him before. But this was new. It would always be, if always even existed.

His gaze dropped to my lips, "Why are you running away from me, Maya?" he asked, his voice soft but reflecting pain.

I opened my mouth to answer but I had no answer. I was running away from him. I was avoiding him. I was putting distance between us. I was making the most of whatever the fuck we have, but I can't do that anymore. I couldn't just tell him that I wanted him just as bad as I needed him but I can't bear the pain of losing anyone ever again. I didn't know what we were but this, I was sure of this.

"Why?" he asked again, but before I could answer his lips came crashing down on mine. My fingers held onto the lapels of his suit needing more of him. Closer.

I missed his taste so badly that I didn't even know I did. We hadn't kissed in about a week because of how many trips I had to make to the site of the hotel the past week.

 Maybe I've been used to this need to want him closer and I don't even know I have it until my thirst is quenched.

He kissed me as if I had starved him of me, as if he wanted me. Truly. 

His lips were absolutely wild and aggressive and other than the other slow kisses we've shared which could almost lull the other person into the belief that love, actually exists.

I guess I am the psycho-cynical realist now. 

No matter how his lips ate at mine, his soft touch on my cheeks made sure of the fact that it was my decision that really mattered after all. I turned a little letting my back fall flat on the walls and he leaned in all of his body into mine.