𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17

~our Ice Prince's smile can melt our heart~

-Start of Chapter 17-

"Y/N, your blood... it's the cure, isn't it?"

~~~~~~~

"Don't ever do that again!!" Jay scolds me, his brows furrowed in a mixture of concern and frustration. I wince as he wraps the bandage around my wounded hand, his hands moving with practiced precision.

I'm back in my room staring at Jay bandaging my hand

"Ugh! Slowly!" I exclaim, feeling the pressure on my freshly cut palm. Jay rolls his eyes but slows down, giving me a stern look.

"You're lucky I found you before you lost too much blood," Jay scolds again, finishing the bandaging. "What possessed you to slice your hand like that?!"

"I had to save Sunghoon," I reply, my eyes pleading with Jay to understand. "It's the only way to help him, Jay. I can't just stand by and watch him suffer."

Jay sighs, his frustration giving way to a more solemn expression. "I get it, Y/N. I do. But risking your life like this won't help Sunghoon. You cut your palm with an unclean piece of glass. Who knows what kinds of infections that it could cause. We need a more sustainable solution."

I nod, acknowledging the truth in his words. Deep down, I know Jay is right, but the urgency of the situation had clouded my judgment.

As Jay finishes bandaging, I can't help but ask, "How is Sunghoon now?"

Jay glances at me, a small smile breaking through the seriousness of his expression. "Much better. Your blood worked , at least temporarily. But we need a long-term solution."

A sense of relief washes over me, knowing that my sacrifice wasn't in vain. "Can't we use my blood until he fully recovers? It's better than doing nothing, right?"

Jay considers my suggestion, his thoughtful expression indicating he's weighing the options. "Giving him your blood directly is the most effective way. It might speed up his recovery, but it's risky. Sunghoon might lose control, especially considering his weakened state."

"I'm willing to take that risk if it means saving him," I assert, determined to do whatever it takes.

Jay sighs, recognizing the determination in my eyes. "Alright, but we have to be cautious. I'll supervise the process to ensure everything goes smoothly. This is uncharted territory, Y/N. We need to tread carefully."

I nod, grateful that Jay is willing to entertain the idea. "Thank you, Jay. We have to do everything we can to help Sunghoon."

~~~~~~~

The next encounter with Sunghoon is different. I step into the room, and his eyes, weakened but still filled with gratitude, meet mine. I approach cautiously, aware of the vulnerability that lingers in the air.

The room is dimly lit. Jay hovers nearby, his gaze on me the entire time. Sunghoon lies on the bed, weakened by illness, his eyes locking onto mine with a mix of gratitude and need.

I extend my wrist, offering it to Sunghoon. His fingers gently trace the path of my veins, his touch both delicate and deliberate. There's a moment of anticipation that hangs in the air, the unspoken acknowledgment that this act is a necessity for his recovery.

Sunghoon pushes my wrist away leans in, his breath grazing my skin before his fangs pierce the delicate flesh of my neck. It's a sharp, searing pain that courses through me, but I bear it with a determined resolve. Jay's eyes remain fixed on the scene, ensuring things don't spiral out of control.