☞︎𝕋𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕓𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕕☜︎

༻ 1661 words༺

{Mania pov}

I was sat in the van farthest from anyone. Glenn was in the front seat with T-dog behind him, Rick sat in the passenger seat with Daryl behind him.

"Better be okay. That's my only word on the matter." "I told you the geeks can't get at him. Only thing that's gonna get through that door is us." Naturally, there would be a small banter brought on by Daryl. I didn't pay no mind seeing as Glenn stopped the van telling us we were on foot from here. I hopped out of the van making sure no arrows were dropped and walked towards the fence.

"You any good with that thing?" I turned to see Daryl walking up next to me. "Only thing you need to be concerned about is, one if your brother is alive or dead, and two if he's still even on the roof." "Just askin a question seeing as there could be another hunter so it ain't all on me, but go ahead be a bitch." "Thank you for the permission." I'm not going to indulge in Daryl in any case. Just want to find his brother so tensions are lower nothing more.

"Medusa is great with the bow, even better with her knives. She grew up in the forest, I'd say she's just as good as you if not better." "Now how the hell do you know that?" I asked giving Glenn a death glare I haven't told anyone about my past so how would he know? But then Daryl looked at me as did T-dog as if they realized I was a long-lost hero or some shit.

"Your brother and sister wouldn't shut they damn mouths about you. Always tellin' stories bout you three in the woods, and how you would always do some crazy shit." T-dog said.

"Yeah, well that's in the past I'm good with any weapon that's put in my hands including my hands, I can hunt for days at a time, and track even in the dark with a flashlight. Props of 24/7 being in the woods, now can we find this asshole and these guns and pray for no bumps in the road?" I asked just wishing I hadn't volunteered but I knew this was better than being at the camp.

꧁~~~~~~~~~~ꪻﺃꪑꫀ ᦓᛕﺃᜣ~~~~~~~~~~꧂

We decided to go ahead and get Merle first seeing as he was closer and getting the guns was a bit more taxing. We were in the department store not fully standing up, so we didn't alert any nearby walkers. Then there was groaning and shuffling, that's when I saw it. A walker shuffling about that hadn't noticed us yet I reached for my knife as Daryl held up his crossbow.

"Damn, you are one ugly skank." Daryl said commenting on the walkers looks. Then I threw the knife at her head, not allowing Daryl the kill. He looked at me as I passed in front of him, noting that the path I chose would involve us being quite close to each other. I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders taking the knife out of her head and wiping it on a shirt. We headed up to the roof Daryl seemed to be very antsy, understandably so. T-dog cut the chain and took it off the door as Daryl kicked the door screaming for his brother. Then he along with the rest of us stopped in our tracks, Daryl breaking down screaming 'No' Lying on the group was a hand along with a hand saw. Merle was gone and we didn't know if we should expect him to be a walker or somewhere causing some more havoc.

Then Daryl decided to aim his locked and loaded crossbow an inch from T-dog's face. Whom looked Daryl straight in the eyes no fear present, as Daryl aimed at T-dog. Rick and I aimed at him, letting him know we weren't scared to let the whole damn city hear the shots. Emotions are high but that don't condone shooting someone because your brother cut his hand off and decided to try his luck. Daryl lowered his crossbow asking if T had a durag or something, T handed him a blue bandanna, which Daryl laid flat out on the ground placing the hand on it.

"I uh, I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuff. Ain't that a bitch." The reason why Daryl would want to keep his probably dead brother's hand is beyond me. He motioned for Glenn to I guess turn his back more towards Daryl. I was confused as to why up until Daryl put the hand in the bag.