Chapter 9: Work in the Pit

PIt and the Pendulum, San Diego

It's been about a month since after Chapter 9 and we can finally meet with Akashi who is now become a co-worker for Poe since she needs to pay her debt to him and of course our love interest Roon decide to live with him to keep an eye on Akashi so she doesn't make any move against him... Or her. Roon was the first person to enter the building to see Poe reading one of the Edgar Allan Poe's poems while listen to music with Pluto on his lap until he notice Roon with her baggage.

Poe: "Looks like you're the first person to arrive; I got word that Akashi got in trouble by Yamato and she will be late."

Roon(happy): "I'm the first. Where do your co-workers stay at?"

Poe: "Come."

Roon follow Poe with a smile on her face that she is spending time with her new lover to the second floor of the building where we can see a 5 doors on both side including in front of them which leads to Poe's room. Poe enter the room that closer to his room which reveal to be a large room that looks like your average apartment, but with an balcony that overlook the port and you can see the entrance of the shop from the balcony.

Poe: "This is your room Roon and looks like Akashi have arrive."

They can see Akashi walking to the entrance from the balcony and they head downstairs to see Akashi who have her baggage with a sad look on her face. She thought that she will be rich, but instead she got too greedy and fall from the totem pole and Poe is above her. Akashi enter the shop with Poe with a serious look on his face.

Poe: "You're late on your first day. That's going to lower your payment today so you better work harder from now on."

Akashi(sad): "Yes."

Akashi say that with a defeat look on her face, but she made her bed and she better sleep on it. Poe take her to the room, but it was different than Roon's room which is a smaller room that look like a storage room with a bathroom attach to it, but it was shared to the room on the other side of the bathroom.

Poe: "You have the storage room and I attach the bathroom to here and clean this up. If you want a better chance of getting a better room than you better work hard to pay off your debt."

Akashi agree and put her stuff before starting her shift, but she notice Roon is here as well with a serious look on her face.

Roon(angry): "You better be grateful that you didn't got thrown in jail."

Akashi: "You don't have to tell me twice."

Akashi got scold by Nagato and the others for the expansive price which she is now regretting of doing that, but now it's too late now and become a co-worker of her rival. Akashi head downstair to see Roon talking with Poe about her next mission which is to take out a couple of Sirens from Indian Ocean that has been attacking Royal Navy routes and bring something as a gift for Poe.

Roon(happy): "I make sure to bring you a gift for you. Probably a head of an Siren."

Poe: "I want to study more about the Sirens so can you make sure that the brain is intact so I can study it. A further research will be necessary to study of how the Sirens function."

Roon is happy and heading out to her mission while Akashi is working with Poe of collecting the items at the storage facility that is located in front of the shop.

Poe: "Time to load up the supplies before the day is ended."

They exit the building and heading to the warehouse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip
Warehouse, San Diego

We arrive at the warehouse where Poe keep his supplies for the store. Poe use his key that looks like a skull for a handle and the key is made of bones. He unlock the door and there's a bunch of supplies ready to be load up to the store.

Poe: "Here we go; help me get the supplies to the shop."

Akashi: "Yes nya."

Akashi help Poe to gather the supplies and take them to the store.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip
Pit and the Pendulum, San Diego

It took about couple of hours until they manage to collect the stuff and put them in their right place in the store. Akashi was putting all the stuff in the shelves until she notice a door that has a sign that says "Stay Out" in front of the door. Akashi is wonder what's behind that door so she decide to enter the room while Poe isn't looking and notice a strange devices that is laying on the counter-table; however she doesn't know what it is. There are a couple of pictures that is laying on the table that reveals a dark mist and a shadow figure standing in the hallway that looks like a hotel. She continues to look at the photo until she was stop by Poe.

Poe: "What are you doing in here?"

Akashi(shock): "NYA! I got curious of what's with this stuff."

Poe: "Some experiments I was conducting. Some other hobby of mine, but it's still in incomplete until I get necessary items. Now leave the room."

Akashi leave the room while Poe put the experiment stuff away and they continue working around the clock until it was time of closing time which is about only couple of hours left, but nothing is happen so Poe decide to close the shop early and they decide to take a rest the day off. That's your average day in the store.

To be Continued....

Chapter 10: World Expo Invitation