Chapter 31.

The thing with Jimin's promises, even if the outcome might be the same, the road was going to be a bumpy one. He promised Yoongi that no matter what, he will keep Jungkook safe. However, the latter had to know that there was no gain without some little pain. Jungkook has to learn that danger will forever lurk in the dark and sometimes monsters come crawling from the deepest pits of hell.

It was one of the reasons why he was in their home at the moment telling him about a plan he had devised. Jungkook was looking at him as if he had grown a new head.

"It's ridiculous." Jungkook threw his arms in the air, exasperated by the plan he just heard.

Jimin sighed. "It's a good plan. Is there going to be danger? Will you get hurt?" He shrugged. "Probably. But you won't end up dead. You play your role; I play mine and everything will be over." Was it the best plan ever created? Of course not. Lots of things could go wrong in a spam of seconds, but it had to be done. Will Yoongi kill him when he will find out? It was a strong possibility.

However, as dangerous and stupid it may sound, Jimin had already calculated the probability of each possible outcome. He wouldn't put someone he cared about in danger if he wouldn't be sure he would win.

"He's going to kill me." Jungkook stated in a high-pitched voice. Of course, he wasn't going to jump into the lion's den headfirst. He already did that once and the result was him ending up beaten up and traumatized for days. Weeks. If it weren't for Yoongi, he was sure he would still be walking through the darkness.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "He won't kill you." He tapped his chin with his thumb and looked at Jungkook, straight into his eyes. "If he wanted you dead, he would have done it already. There must be something he wants more. We need to know what." He knew that already. Nothing escaped his snake eyes.

Jungkook sighed. There was no win in arguing with Jimin. In the end, he was right. They had to stop his brother. He regretted telling Yoongi not to kill him. There was no reason to let him live when there were no redeeming qualities to him. Even Jimin was slowly redeeming himself, that was not something easy to do. Not everyone could change what they were to their core. What made them, them.

"Does Yoongi know about your plan?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

Jimin scoffed. "He'll have my head. When it comes to you, he isn't thinking straight. Although I understand him to a certain degree, he's playing it safe, and he will lose. I'd rather risk it and make sure we don't crumble to fucking pieces. He didn't even notice that you were both being followed. That is a risk in itself."

It stoked him how a leader like Yoongi would get so entrapped in his feelings that he wasn't able to see what it was around him. It was a surprise that he was alive.

"So, it's my fault then?" Jungkook couldn't help himself for asking. It all went to hell when he started dating Yoongi. If he wouldn't have said yes, neither of them were in danger. Little did he know that it didn't really matter. Dating or not, Jungkook's life would have been the same. The one his brother worked and planned for him to have.

"No." Jimin almost yelled. "I didn't say that. It's not your fault, just as it's not Yoongi's. Don't let this hinder your relationship. What you guys have, it's possible one in a million. You guys are compatible, loving and sweet as sugar. You might not find this with someone else." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Listen, you said you are in this for the long haul. You think I've started training you for the sake of it? Fight back dammit. I know you can. Whatever the fuck is holding you back, loose it."

Jungkook looked down at his hands, then at the small black pouch on the counter. A pouch that hid something that will make finding him, more easily. A tracker.