Chapter 5

(Madi's POV)

Leo fell asleep on Festus' neck. I looked at him, and smiled. He was incredible, he let me sleep last night with his jacket while he worked restlessly on Festus. I felt horrible that I didn't help. But riding Festus was so much fun now! I was gripping the reins tightly and glanced at Leo every now and then.

"Someone's in love," Piper cooed from behind me.

"I am not!" I protested. But of course, it was true. I doubted he felt the same way though. When we got there I was told to wake Leo up so I did. In the way Piper forced me to do so.

"Wake up Prince Charming." I said. Leaning down next to his face, he stirred slightly. And Piper motioned for me to do the thing. She spent the last few minutes convincing me to confess to Leo. I told her I don't want to. But she's making me wake him up with a kiss anyway.

"Hey! Prince Charming! Wake up!" I pouted. But leaned in closer, and kissed his cheek. I sat up as soon as his eyes flung open and he gained his bearings.

"Huh? What?" He asked. I handed him the reins. We made eye contact and he touched his cheek in shock.

"We're here." Piper said simply. I glared at her, WHY!? I mouthed. Because you would've had to do it sooner or later! She mouthed back and I grabbed Leo's waist for support again. I looked ahead and saw a giant building. It was a hotel I think.

"Tell me that's Quebec and not Santa's workshop." Leo said, nervous.

"It's Quebec city." Piper said.

"Your dad do a movie on that too?" Leo raised an eyebrow. I pinched him.

"I read sometimes okay?" Piper replied, "Just because I'm Aphrodite's daughter doesn't mean I'm an airhead."

"Right." I said, "But then what's the building? A hotel?" Piper nodded.

"No way, the North Wind is staying at a hotel?" Leo laughed.

"Hang on guys." Jason warned, "We got company."

The new guys were winged figures, like angels but angry and they had nasty looking swords. Festus didn't seem to like them. He stopped suddenly and got ready to blow fire.

"Steady boy," Leo said to the dragon.

"I don't like this," Jason said, "They look like storm spirits." I nodded. They did slightly resemble the form Dylan had taken on at the canyon. YUCK! But as the angel dudes got closer, I could tell they were more solid than the venti from before. They appeared to be normal teenagers, just with a more icey appearance. They pulled up in front of Festus with their swords drawn.

"No clearance." One said. He had a mullet and was VERY ugly.

"No! Clearance!" The other one repeated. He looked like a buff hockey dude from TV. I hated those types.

"S'cuse me?" Leo asked, probably annoyed.

"You have no permission to land here." Mullet said. On top of everything else, he had a HORRIBLE french accent. It was insulting for someone who had French heritage. Which I did.

"This is restricted airspace," Mullet added.

"Destroy them?" Hockey dude prompted. Jason summoned his sword and I went to my sides, where Annabeth had given me twin daggers to fight with. I put my hand around the one on my left, keeping my other hand around Leo's waist.

"Hold it!" Leo shouted, "Let's have some manners here boys! May I at least know who gets the honor of destroying me and my friends?"

"I am Cal!" Hockey dude grunted.