Prologue : Run Away

"No, no, no! Toothless, you have to get out of here. C'mon, bud, they're gonna kill you!" Hiccup tried to push his dragon away from the angry crowd of Vikings, but Toothless was too stubborn. The two was surrounded, leaving only one last escape.

"Hit the roof, bud!" A plasma blast hit the roof of the Training Ring, and the two took to the skies and rode out.

"RUNAWAY!"

"COWARD!"

"RENEGADE!"

"BOAR-HEADED!"

The words from the Vikings hit Hiccup like an arrow piercing through his heart. His mother, known for also siding with the dragons, gave her son a hopeful look, a proud look. Gobber stood by Valka's side, watching the prosthetic tail Hiccup had built for Toothless. It was a masterpiece! Gobber couldn't have been any prouder of his apprentice.

"C'mon bud, time to dissapear, " Hiccup whispered to his dragon, leaving Berk for good.

After half a day of flying, the two found a perfect island to camp out on. Toothless started the fire with ease, and Hiccup sat beside his dragon, unpacking the things he placed in his saddle's storage. A few blueprints of Toothless's tail, a sword, a pencil, and of course, a map.

"It's just... You and me now, bud," Hiccup said, earning a gurgle of approval by Toothless. "I know that you know that I don't want to go back to Berk. I know you don't, either. Well find a home, a different home. If we can't find that home, we'll make that home. And while we're at it, I'll fix a new and improved tail for you. Alright?"

Toothless cooed, agreeing to the idea. The sun dipped at the horizon, and a few Terrible Terrors snuggled with both the dragon and the rider. Satisfied with dinner, Hiccup leaned onto Toothless and closed his eyes, a Terror in his lap. However his dragon was still eating the pile of fish.

Hiccup yawned. "Goodnight, bud."