Chapter 3 : Our Reunion

Hiccup POV_______ (I won't be writing in an Astrid POV because I have no idea how :) )

"U-uh, Drill?" I looked at him with confusion.

"What? You wanted to take care of some pesky humans, so be grateful I helped!" He flew out of the tunnel.

"So m-much for h-help," I said in Norse as I grabbed some rope to tie the vikings in. With speed and accuracy, the rope was around them in seconds.

"Now t-talk. W-why are... you h-here?"

"It was s'posed to be a camping trip. We mean' to sail to a nearby island, but a huge storm swep' us here. We don' wan' any trouble, lass," Gobber assured me, being one of the sensible ones around here. "And why're you stamming abou' like tha'?"

"Yea, can't you, like, oh, I don't know, speak PROPERLY?" Snotlout yelled, as he isn't a sensible person. At. All.

"I h-haven't spoken... uh... N-Norse for a-a... few y-years... bit r-rusty," I said. "I'll need t-to speak... to, uh, him in... private." I gestured to Gobber as I untied his ropes. Once he was free, I led him to another area. "Toothless, watch them," I told Toothless, to which he agreed.

"Now, wha' izit tha' you wanna tell me, lass?" Gobber asked. I didn't answer, but instead, I took off my helmet. His eyes widened in recognition of the tiny white scar, my auburn hair, and forest green eyes. "Hiccup? No, no, it... it can't be!"

"Hi, G-Gobber." I sheepishly smiled. I was then grabbed by him and crushed in a bear hug. "G-Gobber! C-can't... B-breathe!"

"Sorry, lass. I jus'..." He let me go, and I saw small tears of joy running down his face. "Been a hard time fo' your father, Hiccup. He has never been so sad. He still thinks ye alive, which ye are, aye?"

"Y-yea."

"Here. You dropped ye dagger. Astrid saw it and immediately knew wha' it was. O' who it belonged to, anyway."

"A-Astrid?" I looked back at the group who were out of earshot. "Toothless, untie them. They won't cause any harm!" I said in Dragonese.

"Woah, lass. You can talk to dragons, eh?"

"Y-yea, I guess. I-It's called Dragonese." I hurriedly put on my helmet as I heard footsteps.

"Gobber!" Astrid ran towards him, axe at my neck. "Don't you dare hurt him, you hear me?"

"I-I didn't. I... swear..." I was being cornered by the shieldmaiden. I backed up carefully, remembering to stay calm. "U-uh... C-can you s-stop?"

"No, I will not!" Astrid charged at me, and I was inches away from meeting Odin. I backed up again, retreating to a corner when Gobber stepped in front of me.

"Now, now, Astrid. Don't wan' to hurt the son o' the chief, aye?" Gobber said. The others' eyes were wide, but not Astrid's. She advanced slowly towards me, axe in hand, and a glare in my face. However, her eyes started to water, and her lips trembled. Then, everything happened so fast. She tossed her axe away and hugged me like her life depended on her. She started sobbing, crying, gripping me with all her strength, afraid that I would disappear suddenly.

"You son of a half troll, rat-eating-" she punched me in the gut, "munge bucket!" She finished, her sobs audible. "Don't you ever leave, ever, again. Please."

I hugged her back, shocked at how she was reacting. Not only me, but the rest of the gang as well.

"I didn't know Astrid could cry," Tuffnut said quietly to his sister.

"Well, duh. You boys won't understand anyway." Ruffnut elbowed her brother.

"A-Astrid? Could you... Uh... Put me d-down now?" I was set onto the ground again when Astrid punched me again.