01 Day One Gone Wrong

Entry One: We Should've Listened Pt. I

✢ ✢ ✢

WASHINGTON D.C.
JULY 4

She felt her arms dangle as her older cousin helped her land just outside of the Hall of Justice. From afar, she could see a small crowd formed outside. Looking back at Wonder Woman who huffed, "About time." She comments, referring to the arrival of the other heroes.

"Did we arrive too early?" Wonder Girl whispers to her mentor, adjusting her bracelets, who simply shakes her head, "Better to be early than late,"

"She's right," another voice pipes in, turning away from Wonder Woman to the hero beside her, "Plus, we're here before the fastest people alive." Robin teases. From the hero lineup that Wonder Woman told her, she'd met the other heroes a few times but was more familiar with Robin. Perhaps their mentors teamed up more than she thought. "We are?" The hero questions as the final two arrive.

"Oh, man!" A voice complains, causing them to turn around to see the speedsters arrive, "I knew we'd be the last ones here!" The one in yellow frowns. Robin nudges her arm, "In true Kid Flash fashion." He quietly comments.

The group started to walk towards the Hall of Justice, passing through the crowd as she could hear the chatter between those taking pictures. Camera flashes popping in here and there, "Is this why you never enter from the front?" She asks her mentor, hearing a sound of agreement.

"I'm glad we're all here," Aqualad states with a hopeful tone. "Have all five sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?" Kid Flash asks as he gets cut off, "Don't call us sidekicks, not after today," Speedy defensively says, gaining a look from Wonder Girl—one of confusion from his tone—"Sorry. First time at the hall. I'm a little overwhelmed."

"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?" She hears Robin comment just as they enter the Hall.

She remembers being brought to the Hall—with a visitor pass—when it opened for the first time, looking around as she saw artifacts that were on display and noticing the bronze statues of the Justice League just above the authorized door. Ironically enough, Wonder Woman was in her civilian appearance when they visited the Hall a few years ago.

Wonder Girl watches the authorized doors open, seeing two Leaguers wait for their arrival. "Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, welcome." Martian Manhunter greeted, "You now have unlimited access to the gym, our fully stocked galley, and of course, our library." He says, leading the group as they enter the library. In her opinion, the library seemed more like a lounge, with the bookshelves on each side of the wall as it left a large space in the middle of it all.

She hears the red speedster say something, causing three of them to sit on the chairs while she and Speedy stay in place. Rather unfamiliar with Green Arrow's sidekick, she feels somewhat uneasy from the interaction earlier, simply watching as he walks toward the members of the Justice League.

"That's it?" Speedy speaks up, "You promised us a real look inside, not a glorified backstage pass."

"It's a first step. You've been granted access few others get." Aquaman stated, "Oh, really?" The archer gestured toward the glass window of people taking pictures, "Who cares which side of the glass we're on?"