Chapter 11

Ryan takes Olivia back to the bar and grill and leads her up to her room. She opens the door while pulling Olivia close to her, causing Olivia to giggle and Ryan to smile down at her. Their eyes meet and Ryan leans in to finally claim that kiss. "Gross man" Lee says. "I'd rather not see that" Rip says. Ryan and Olivia jump away from each and turn to see Lee and Rip sitting on Ryan's bed. "What are you guys doing here" Ryan asks annoyed. "Well you ditched us earlier so..." Lee says.

"No, why are you guys really here" Ryan asks now slightly suspicious, "You wouldn't be here unless you wanted to talk to me about something, so speak." "For the record I wanted to wait til tomorrow to discuss this" Rip says. "You still could have tried harder" Ryan says before sighing, "What do you want?" "What are your intentions Olivia" Lee asks. "What the f..." Ryan says groaning, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Are you serious? You couldn't have waited til tomorrow to do this?" "Yes and no" Lee says, "Well are you going to tell her or should I?"

"I was curious to where you guys ran off to pretty much every weekend and occasionally a week at a time" Olivia says. "But why haven't you talked to Ryan about what you really want too" Lee asks. "What are you talking about" Olivia says. "I might not be the brightest person at times, but I'm not stupid" Lee says, "If you talked to Ryan about what you really wanted too, Ryan would have told you to fu-" "Lee" Rip exclaims, "Maybe we should really wait til morning, I mean they haven't seen each other in five years. Olivia has thought Ryan was dead until like twelve hours ago."

Ryan turns to Olivia, "What aren't you telling me?" Olivia sighs, "It's bad back home, Dirk is corrupt and ruining the business. Chad's no better either. You need to come back and take your rightful place as CEO." "Is that why you followed Rip and Lee" I ask, "Hoping that by some miracle I was still alive and go back home to take back the company?" "I mean partly. I was holding on to a small piece of hope that you were still alive and just hiding under the radar waiting for the right moment to come back and take back what is rightfully yours" Olivia says, "And the other part was genuine curiosity about where they went all the time."

"Were you actually happy to see me this morning or the title I hold" I ask. "What kind of question is that" Olivia asks, "Of course I was ecstatic to see you alive...I missed you." "So these last twelve hours that we spent together just to butter me up to make it easier to convince me to come back home" I say. "No" Olivia says, "I enjoyed spending the day with you, the last time I had this much fun was when we went to your beach house and then the fair." "Oh wow, ironic" Ryan says scoffing, "The day you tried to convince me to take over the company."

"You're just reading into things now" Olivia says beginning to get upset. "Nice going Lee" Rip says. "She deserved to know the truth" Lee says. "But not this way" Rip says. "Oh so you weren't just using and taking advantage of my feelings for you to make me do what you wanted" Ryan says. "What are you saying" Olivia asks glaring at Ryan. "That you were pretending to like me back and sleep with me to make sure I would come back home to challenge my uncle" Ryan says. Olivia slaps Ryan across the face and seethes, "Take that back." Ryan glares at Olivia, "I think you should go." "I think I will" Olivia says. Olivia storms out. Ryan turns and punches a wall, screaming in frustration.

"Ryan" Rip says but stops when Ryan holds up her hand. "Don't" Ryan says in slight anger, "One of you make sure she gets home safely. I just want to be alone right now." "Ok" Rip says, "But when you've calmed down and ready to talk, there is something we need to tell you." Rip and Lee leave Ryan alone. Ryan flips over a table, "Damnit...how did one of the best days of my life turn into one of the worst days of my life?" Ryan collapse onto her bed running her hands down her face.

"Seriously Lee" Rip asks as him and Lee walk down the stairs, "You couldn't let Olivia bring that sensitive topic up, you had to go and do it?" "Ryan deserved to know" Lee says, "I did her a favor." "I'm not arguing that but look at the mess you created" Rip says, "Ryan and Olivia had a huge fight and most likely won't fix it given the current circumstance they are in. Was that worth it?" Lee goes to reply but see Olivia's car speed down the road. "I'm gonna make sure she gets back safely" Rip says, "I can't be around you right now after the stunt you pulled."

Ryan sits on the roof, looking up at the stars contemplating her life. "I'm sorry Olivia" Ryan says, "And you were right dad...I am a screw up." Meanwhile Olivia speeds down the road, heading back home. "Stupid Lee had to go and open his mouth messing everything up" Olivia says, "What are you so scared of Ryan?" A car behind Olivia, Rip speeds down the road making sure she gets home safely. "You're an idiot Lee" Rip says, "I will make sure you get your happy ending Ryan." Alone at the bar, Lee sits drinking his feelings away. "Screw you Rip" Lee says, "I made the right call and I would do it again cause friends have each other's back."

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.