Pain - Jaime Lannister

Jaime x fem!reader Tyrell

Warnings: GOT

Word count: 669

Summary: Y/n is Maragerys older sister and in Kings Landing with her family. After an outing where she defended Jaime Lannister, well he'd like to know why.

Authors Note: I love the idea of someone defending Jaime because I do believe the name hurts him. He didn't want to break his oath but he did it for good reasons. - I made the reader a Tyrell cause I really liked the family, the grandma was badass!

"You're a good shot." Jaime had been searching for Y/n Tyrell for most of the afternoon and he had finally found her. Not how he expected to though. She was out beyond the Castle, practicing her archery of all things. And from what he's seen silently watching her she was really good at, probably one of the best.

"Ser Jaime." Y/n acknowledged but she didn't even turn around. She could recognize his voice anywhere, and she had a feeling he would seek her out.

"Lady Y/n." He greeted back as he walked over to stand closer to her. Jaime tilted his head as he watched her continue to shoot arrow after arrow. He was very impressed. "You're a good shot."

"I'd hope so, been using one since I was very young." She stated grabbing and notching another arrow, as Jaime stepped to stand on the side of her.

"Who taught you?" Jaime asked, curious at who would have taught her to be so good at it.

"My brother." Y/n simply answered, lining up another, not at all bothered by the conversation taking place. She learned to multitask a long time ago.

"He taught you well." Jaim said as he watched her shoot another arrow into the middle of the target. He never wanted to be her enieme.

"Perhaps to well. I can beat him now." Y/n turned to look at him with a smirk. Of course she's proud of herself, it wasn't an activity that women were known to do. Poison is a woman's weapon, not real weapons. At least that's what they say.

Jaime let out an amused laugh, but he knew he needed to ask what he was trying to find her for. "Why'd you do it?"

"Why'd I do what Ser Jaime?" She answered his question with a question, but she did it very coyly. Y/n had an idea of what he probably was talking about.

"Defend me. Back there earlier today you defended me when they called me the..." He just stopped before saying the name everyone liked to call him.

"Kingslayer." Y/n finished for him with empathy in her eyes.

"Yes." Jaime nodded solemnly.

Y/n set down her Archery equipment and turned to fully face the golden haired knight. Giving him her full attention.

"The way I see it is you saved hundreds if not thousands of lives by killing the Mad King. Yes you had to break your oath, which I imagine was not easy for you. But you made a choice, one that saved lives. Probably all of Westros." Y/n stepped right up to him, reaching a hand up to cup his cheek. Which she did with a gentleness that Jaime hadn't felt since his mother was alive. "And yet they call you an insult."

Jaime glanced down letting out an emotional shaky breath, before looking in her eye's leaning into her hand on his cheek. She didn't even know his side of the story but she believes he did the right thing. Not even his family thought that way. "I'm afraid no one else sees it the way you do Mi' Lady."

Y/n smiled warmly at Jaime, as she lifted her other hand to run through his hair in a comforting manner. "I don't call you King Slayer because I see the look in your eyes when people do. It hurts you. You cover it well, don't get me wrong. But I'm very observant, always have been. I can see it pains you. I won't add to that."

The two stood there like that for a while before they separated. Y/n picked up her bow ready to start practicing again, and Jaime had started walking away back towards the Red Keep. But he stopped and turned back towards her before he got to far.

"Y/n." He called out. Y/n turned her upper body to face him. Jaime sent her an appreciative look with a genuine smile. "Thank you."