12 Best Innovative Teaching Strategies for Modern Pedagogy

The classroom is a dynamic environment that brings students from different backgrounds with different abilities and personalities. Therefore it requires you to be an effective teacher to implement innovative teaching or learning strategies, in order to meet the individual needs of students.It may be difficult to figure out which teaching strategies will work best with your students, and as a teacher, there is no "one size fits all" solution, so here is a set of effective teaching strategies that you can use to achieve your students' discipline.1. Collaborative Learning StrategyCollaborative learning strategy in education also called cooperative learning or learning from teamwork, is reflected in the division of learners into small groups consisting of usually three to four members, who are given specific duties (common goals). And they must rely on cooperation (exchange of knowledge and skills) in order to accomplish the task required of them.Encourage students with mixed abilities to work together by promoting small group activities, or full class activities, by verbally expressing their ideas and responding to others. Your students will develop their self-confidence, as well as enhance communication and critical thinking skills that are vital throughout life. Mathematical puzzles, conducting scientific experiments, are just a few examples of how to integrate collaborative learning into classroom lessons.The main objectives of the collaborative learning technique or teamwork strategy are:- Adopt active learning.- Exchange ideas (dialogue method) and urge to accept the ideas of others.- Develop a spirit of responsibility and cooperation among learners.- Build positive relationships between learners (respect for the other).- Encourage self-learning.- Practice problem-solving and decision making.

- Practice problem-solving and decision making

2. Brainstorming StrategyBrainstorming is meant to put the mind in a state of excitement in order to think in all directions and possibilities to reach - in an atmosphere of freedom - as many ideas and opinions as possible about a particular problem or topic. Allowing time for brainstorming sessions in the classroom is a great way to get the flow of students' mental creations, so that everyone will participate in the discussion on the topic, thus getting a number of different ideas rather than concentrating all students around just one idea. This provides a great opportunity for students to express their thoughts without worrying about the right or wrong. This is followed by the collection and discussion of proposals. The main objectives of teaching using a brainstorming strategy are:- Make the learner active in educational situations.- Make students accustomed to respect different opinions and appreciation of others.- Take advantage of other people's ideas and information.3. Exploration TechniquesExploration in teaching helps to improve students' self-learning, open their minds to learning and creativity, as well as to better understand the subject and improve their communication skills. This may be done by assigning a group of students to bring and present information about a particular topic. After the presentation, students have to talk about the sources that have been used to gather information; such as magazines, the Internet, newspapers, and other sources, and then the questions are asked by the faculty to the students to open up room for discussion and interaction for all students, thus clarifying and understanding the subject better.4. Visualization Techniques Photography and visualization is an innovative teaching method used in the classroom. It may be very difficult for students to understand offline facts and theoretical framework because structured knowledge associated with concepts, which includes the ability to visualize these concepts, may increase the ability to impart knowledge, and thus a deeper and longer understanding of what is being taught.Graphic presentations are an easy and practical way to help students understand and organize their ideas with visual presentations. This method can be used for any type of lesson that requires writing, planning, problem-solving or decision making.5. Educational Technology applicationsThe use of computers, tablets, digital cameras, and other modern technology can enhance student learning, such as the use of electronic games to teach mathematics and foreign languages, the use of Skype to communicate between different classrooms, and the use of multimedia projects to allow students to learn through Movies and audio media that allow the learner to explore different subjects and increase comprehension.Teachers should pay attention to the proper use of technological devices, and monitor students to ensure that they are not using them badly or away from studying during the class, as well as assign some students to distribute equipment, store it or even teach them simple things about maintenance.