i. daughter of delight

MOTHER'S DAUGHTER

❝i am the heir, the princess of dragonstone❞

i am the heir, the princess of dragonstone

✵✵✵

Around the year of 114 AC, the Princess Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Heir to the Iron Throne and the Realm's Delight, had wed ser Laenor of House Velaryon after a tour around the realm to find a perfect match. However, when rumour spread Princess Rhaenyra had entertained her own Uncle, Prince Daemon, in a brothel, her father, King Viserys decided to try and ease his semi hostility with House Velaryon by wedding their son to his daughter. It had been said ser Laenor did not enjoy the company of the Princess in a way a future husband should, but neither minded and made a deal, once their duty had been done, they would do whatever their hearts desired.

Rhaenyra thought her midnight meetings with her sworn protector would continue, as Prince Daemon had once more disappeared from King's Landing, but instead the Sworn Knight had acted out of line, proposed a life in Essos with a beggar's life—or selling oranges—but to Rhaenyra her life had not been as simple as ser Criston assumed it was. She had been the Heir, her father's chosen Heir, she could not abandon her family, her life, and who in the whole world would not recognise a silver haired and purple eyed girl with a golden dragon.

Ser Criston, as men were known to do in their time, acted out irrationally and Rhaenyra praised herself to walk away from such a situation in time. Ser Criston had killed the lover of ser Laenor, right at the wedding, but what was a Westerosi wedding without at least one death, quite the boring affair truly.

Laenor and Rhaenyra tried, and when they started to lose hope, Princess Rhaenyra announced to the Realm, during a tourney held for the name day of Princess Helaena, she had been with child which was celebrated even grander on Driftmark by Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys. The child was born a few months after the Queen gave birth herself, another son whom she named Aemond, the Princess however, gave birth to a daughter and while she had discussed with Laenor to name the sweet girl Visenya, Laenor had asked for a more Velaryon name and thus they named her Vysemera.

Vysemera had been born with dark locks, which within a week of her birth changed to silver, and neither parent was surprised. Princess Rhaenyra's lady mother had been of House Arryn, and ser Laenor's own mother had been of House Baratheon. It had however been a topic of conversation when the sons of Princess Rhaenyra followed, the first had not been much talk. Prince Jacaerys had been born shortly after his elder sister and the two grew up close together, along with their Uncle Aemond. Prince Lucerys had been born the same year as Prince Daeron the third and final son of Queen Alicent and King Viserys.

Vysemera, as she grew older, grew closer to her aunt, Princess Helaena. They had more classes together than she had with her brothers and their mischievous practical jokes on Prince Aemond had started to bore her. She had no idea the jokes had been hated so by the Prince, as he had been teased by her brothers and his own brother, for being the only one of them without a Dragon.